method of making directional image

plz if any1 hv idea about direction images .... any research paper link
then plz reply here

Replies

• jiya ali
    jiya ali
    i wanna make direction image of figerprint to extract features.. plz kindly help me..
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    jiya ali
    i wanna make direction image of figerprint to extract features..
    I think that you are interested in edge detection filters which are direction-specific. Sobel filters are among the simpler such filters, and measure the edge in the vertical and horizontal directions separately, and these can be combined to obtain direction (not limited to NSEW) and magnitude measures, as described here:

Feature Detectors - Sobel Edge Detector

There are other filters similar to this, which make separate magnitude measurements for 0, 45, 90 and 135 degrees, only. For example:

Feature Detectors - Compass Edge Detector

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • gohm
    gohm
    Also be sure to refrain from using sms text in posting

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai I am final year student of MCA. I selected Forum as my project title. I developed it using PHP. Now I need help in documentation. Actually the project is...
CEans, Those looking for summer training at IIT, here is the link for IIT Bombay - https://www.iitb.ac.in/academic/toTraining.jsp I hope you will find it useful! If someone's got more information, please...
Understanding Engineers– One Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, 'Where did you get such a great bike?'The second engineer replied, 'Well, I was walking...
Hi! I wanted to share this with all of you. offers training programmes to both individuals as well as organisations in several aspects of computer science and information technology...
hey yar.. jus wanted to know anybody knows an institute to do summer training this year.. in Chennai.. so, please do tell me places or institutes if u know any.....