Metal Scrap Sorting

In a Metal scrap recycling Industry, is there a method which is more efficient than a manual hand sorting process for sorting a scrap into different metals?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Magnetic conveyers are really helpful

Next Hearth heating the Magnetic impurities will remove all the liquifieable metals from the mixture

Pls tell the combo of metals and we can be more specific. What is the constituent of the waste in any proportion?
  • sp.prithivi
    sp.prithivi
    Consider a mixture of Aluminum (cast materials, Sheets, sections), Magnesium, Copper, Iron, steel, Brass, Zinc, Rubber and Plastics. In this case what would be efficient?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Magnetic separation is the best and it will filter half the mess from the list. And all also we can separate the magnetic materials to a good deal as not all are attracted like Iron Brass and Copper.

The Non magnetic materials are really easy to sort as they can be dropped in water and plastics can be removed from heavier rubber.

Magnetic material can be sorted by passing a Jet stream of water which will wash away Lighter magnetic materials like alumimium and leaves only IRON and Brass for the finale
  • sp.prithivi
    sp.prithivi
    I thought aluminium is non magnetic. How can it be removed using magnetic separation? And how can be Magnesium taken out from the mixture?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How to Sort Scrap Metal (with Pictures) - wikiHow
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have seen in wiki susceptance is the imaginary of admittance. but its not a clear definition for suscep. The reactance is the opposition of change of voltage and current...
plz tell me the circuit which has to be implemented ....
Hi friends am a student of University of Adelaide, Australia. I need one innovative non technical seminar topic like Solar powered Catamaran, Automatic Car parking System. Please give me your...
.. thought 10 times before I shared, but finally I am doing it! share and respect!
hey guys, anyone heard about BIT ALLAHABAD center? please tell me about it's M.Tech(CS) course,placement,faculties etc. thanx