Messy forum structure : Rework Planned

Hello CEans!

I'm aware that we can do a better job with the forum structure. Our current structure is a little complex and doesn't give a feel of "Engineering Forum".

Let me assure you that I have a new structure in my mind 😁 . While we will have to wait till we actually restructure the forum, feel free to drop in your comments & feedback.

I'll announce the date and planned downtime for our site. Till then, keep doing a good job & have fun!

-The Big K-

Replies

• Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi biggie,
    Are you changing the forum look or entire structure of the forum?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Dont forget to take suggestions from previous discussions too! We talked a lot about it before 😁

If you like I can make the banner. Gimme idea on what theme and color theme we want.

Regards
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh
    Hi biggie,
    Are you changing the forum look or entire structure of the forum?
    Mahesh, we will change the sections while retaining the look 😁 ! You will see lot of restructuring and (probably) a new section for CE-Projects!

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Hay biggi, why not make it CE - Projects and Tutorials?

Guys the most technical guides can be there, giving some permition for attachments for each user. It will be easier to post pics and schematics etc.

Regarsd
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Dont forget to take suggestions from previous discussions too! We talked a lot about it before 😁

If you like I can make the banner. Gimme idea on what theme and color theme we want.

Regards
    What banner are you talking about xHx? The colors must match with those on our forums.

We will also need lot of new content for our new structure. We cannot afford to have empty sections πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Sorry that was an old post. Actually I was talking about the 'CrazyEngineers' Banner on top, but we already ahve a good one πŸ˜€ If I come up with a new one in my free time, ill send it over for a look just like that. πŸ˜‰
  • rick
    rick
    ...probably one of the things which keep me addicted to CE 😁!

We will also need lot of new content for our new structure. We cannot afford to have empty sections :wink:
    Whats up with this? I am aware of the MBA section which you talked about in your posts.

Although I do not visit frequently, I do keep a watch on CE. Let me know if I can do something.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Sorry that was an old post. Actually I was talking about the 'CrazyEngineers' Banner on top, but we already ahve a good one πŸ˜€ If I come up with a new one in my free time, ill send it over for a look just like that. πŸ˜‰
    Sure, I'll wait for it. I'll announce the rework date really soon. Let me assure you that a better structure is evolving which will address almost all issues reported by CEans.

Please feel free to drop your ideas. Yep, we will need lot of new topics for our new structure. I'll make the announcement in a day or two.πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd like to have your feedback on following -

Do we really need separate sections for -

• Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics Engineer
    • Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
    I think the discussions can be combined under "Electrical & Electronics Engineering" section.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Ofcourse we should combine these, becuase the topics are interrelated. Seperate sections can create confusion as to where to post a question because electronics can be a very dynamic subject.

Moreover even the best electronic dedicated forums have several topics combined.
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    Thats perfect. Having separate sections will not solve any purpose. I think that the restructure is planned on 25th November. Big K, don't you want to announce?

Jerry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jerry
    Thats perfect. Having separate sections will not solve any purpose. I think that the restructure is planned on 25th November. Big K, don't you want to announce?

Jerry
    I will, shortly. The new CE structure is almost ready and I'm now thinking about better names for sections. The restructuring is going to be a "planned" activity; we cannot afford to go wrong at any point 😁

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Thats true! Biggie any help required? Do let us know if you do.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aashima
    Thats true! Biggie any help required? Do let us know if you do.
    Yep! Feedback! is all I need! If new ideas pop up in your head, don't hesitate to put them on the forums 😁

This will help CE to be a better community.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    One thing I like about CrazyEngineers is that it is always improving! I can't wait to see the reworked forums!

Split the CE higher education center into three sections as it was discussed on the forum before. It will be really useful.
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    I have already mailed my suggestions to you, biggie. I hope the much awaited IT help section will find its place in the reworked structure.

Jerry
  • rick
    rick
    Wow! Lot of new stuff ever since my last visit! CE is bigger too! I'm looking forward to all the action!

Keep up the good work! [​IMG]

Rick
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Jerry: CE IT Help section will be a part of new CE. But I'm not sure if it will have the same name. The aim is to make it generic enough to include all technical difficulties

@Rick: CE is Big and its getting bigger everyday. Let us hope to have more activity & more active members as we grow.

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans, I have an idea that why shouldn't we all, who have some idea of programing, take up some projects from The_Big_K. What i propose is... * The bk...
Do you know, we are still living in the Stone Age? We still communicate in Morse code. We still use steam piston for most of the power (at least most)....
COKE -- No wonder coke tastes soooo good: [*]In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the...
This thread is dedicated to the discussions & ideas related to the first online CE project that the Crazy Engineers wish to start. Before we actually begin to work on...
well!this is a thread where you can swing your imagination like never beforeπŸ˜‰ and list out the features of YOUR DREAM MACHINE that you desire to have in your LIFE!😎...