Mercedes Benz Wireless Charging

Daimler is now testing the Mercedes Benz wireless charging through the wireless charging coiles by teaming up with Conductix-Wampfler and Röchling Automotive KG. The technique if successful will be implemented to charge the B class and C class Mercedes EVs. All you've to do is park your car over the coil inside the floor and electro-magnetic fields will automatically begin charging your car. The concept looks quite promising.

I'd like to have someone talk a bit more about the concept and the technology that's being put to use.

Replies

• kamalece
    kamalece
    I too heard many things about electromagnetic induction for wireless power transfer. Even though it has been implemented on common applications such as induction stove etc, it seems to be not effective when the distance between primary and sec coils is too large.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all , i am pursuing BE(hons) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering as well as MSc(hons) Physics. I came across this site and felt that there is a lot i can...
TEDxNagpur shares the same passion as TED. Spreading Ideas. Our mission is to inspire minds and spark discussions and introspections among the people at large. We seek to invest in...
hello! i am not sure if you ppl ll join with me for the point that i am going to emphasise on. any other engineering student say a eee student...
If anyone one working on any project then plz post about your project....... I am very much intrested in doing projects.....So plz help me out here.
Please help me to make a grass cutting machine. What all things will be necessary, Which type of motor,blades,fuel which can be used to operate it,etc......