Mercedes Benz "Magic Body Control" - Dynamic Suspension System

Stumbled upon the following video that talks about Mercedes Benz magic body control - a dynamic suspension system that hopes to redefine the 'smoothness' of travel (in Mercedes Benz S Class). I quite liked the idea of scanning the road and then adjusting the suspension systems.

I've two questions -

1. How do the dynamic suspension systems work to compensate for the jerks? (PS: Checked a few sites but would need a brief and to the point explanation)
  2. What type of sensors do they use to scan the roads? The video talks about stereo cameras - would like to have someone talk about them.
Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    stereo cameras : more than two lenses in single camera. You can say 3D camera basic functionality. Since two lenses are at some distance so processor can measurement the height and depth using image captured by both cameras.
    here is a video I found about stereo camera.
    For 3D functionality, we just need to use red and blue filter and merge them to get 3D effect.

It take practice to see stereo-graphic images. I tried several times but ended up with hurting eyes😕
  • Subodh Kolhe
    Subodh Kolhe
    cool!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    (What I had observed from the video)
    The stereo cameras help in scanning the road surface which is 15 metres in front of the vehicle and these cameras also scans the height of the obstacle in front of the vehicle .By combining these data, the control unit make decisions on the suspension to be used and it implement the change needed.So it adjusts the correct values to get better comfort for the passengers.Mercedes-Benz-Active-Body-Control
    mercedes-benz-magic-body-control-photo-364161-s-1280x782
    The following link may answer your question:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CEans, We are closer to the launch of CEan Of The Month (CEoM October 2013), there are a few important reminders we wish to make about the competition. The...
Tata DoCoMo has launched a new dongle called the TATA Photon Max which is expected to deliver a speed of 6.2 megabit per second (mbps). Priced in India at Rs....
is there any other paradigm for development of augmented reality apps ?? i want to know the technology used in developing such apps ?
There is very much less talk about Android 4.3 feature , Privacy Guard (quietly slipped by google) but I think this is one of the much awaited and have to...
here are some of my queries about batteries: -how are batteries generally rated? -what is the difference between a 12V36A battery and a 12V100A? -what will be the effect of...