Memoto Lets You Log Your Entire Life With The Lapel Camera

Memories are quite important to us, and having them stored away digitally has been a boon given to us by technology. Having a backup of all memories in our head seems to be something of the distant future but how about building a photographic record? Well, a startup Memoto, with the belief that people would want a photographic record of their lives, has come up with the Lapel Camera which takes pictures at an interval of every 30 seconds. With a clip-on, the camera can take pictures of whatever or whoever you're looking at, and then using its algorithms, finds out the most interesting ones.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

The 36 X 36 X 9 mm Lapel Camera has a 5 MegaPixel camera sensor, originally made for mobile phones. The on-board ARM 9 processor is powered by Linux which runs a program to wake the device every 30 seconds, take a picture, record readings from the GPS sensor, accelerometer, and magnetometer, and put it back to sleep.

The pictures taken by the device are stored in a flash memory of 8GB which can be retrieved by plugging it to a computer or you could subscribe to the company's cloud storage service charged at $8 per month for online storage. Imagine the possibility of this device where you could see everything you did the whole day and recall all the details. Do you agree with what the company believes that people would need a photographic record of their lives?

Do check this video -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It would be a great one to have. Sometimes, when you're not a classic passionate photographer, and all you want to do is capture moments while also not losing being out of the scene, the memoto would be perfect.
    It feels odd that in any event, the one family member who has the best point-and-shoot camera can't really enjoy the event because he/she has to keep clicking.

I would love to capture my niece's stunts everyday with this.

PS: I totally loved the testimonials of the people in the video.
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    Now this is pretty interesting !!!!!!!!!! capturing every moment😕
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Yes in Real Time , this would enable to capture memories that we could have just remembered as a picture in our minds , but didn't have the leisure to capture it when it actually happened.

But this tech gadget would give the part of the movement you missed.

It is rightly said in the video , the best movements are never planned but you can cherish them and have a snapshot of what happened with this device ....

PS: The Testimonials are straight out of the heart movements and hence awesome

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the extraordinary research going on in Artificial Intelligence, the human race ain't far away from having a world filled with robots doing almost all our chores. We already have...
One year ago, a smart Chinese fellow from ZTE making an ultra-realistic Iron Man Mark I suit with LED bulbs. Today, it’s believed to be the same person who made...
Sheer delight can come in so many different forms, big and small! Nokia's Lumia 928, the proudly called "world’s most innovative smartphone", is now available exclusively on Verizon Wireless. This...
Ford EcoSport - one of the most awaited SUVs in India this year would go open for booking in June. I've been following this car since the company announced that...
This is for all those engineers who are working in both MNCs, and start-ups. I've heard that most of them don't like the jobs that they are doing. Is it...