Memory in C partition is decreasing

Hey friends,
I am using Vista Ultimate. It is good. But the problem is the space in C partition is decreasing day by day for no files. How can i regain that that space to my use?

😕

Replies

• megha chhabra
    megha chhabra
    hi
    u must have set some restore points for c drive. Follow this process
    > go to my computer icon
    >right click on tat
    >go to properties
    >system protection
    >there c: must be checked for restore points
    >uncheck tat
    n u r done
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    This will disable System Restore, i am not sure if that is such a good idea.

After you disable System Restore, run the Cleanup wizard (right click on drive in My Computer and click on Properties) to clean your drive of junk and then enable system restore again..
  • icehari
    icehari
    smartsree17
    Hey friends,
    I am using Vista Ultimate. It is good. But the problem is the space in C partition is decreasing day by day for no files. How can i regain that that space to my use?

😕
    One thing that you want to understand is in vista, all the documents and picture and music for all the user will be saved in c: dirve..

so try changing the location of these file in different drive and install the software also in different drive.
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Had the same problem in winxp, turns out that it was the size consumed by the numerous restore points. I would advice you to us a program similar to tune-up utilities 2009. It also has other useful functionalities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

Hi iam srujana, iam from india(andhra pradesh)and studying b.tech 3 rd year.My hobbies are playing shettle,doing yoga,watching tv,chatting with friends.
Do you know why the INDIA is still a developing country.!​ Indians are the blooming flowers and buds in the marvelous garden called India. But Indians are in such a...
I also want to know about Linear and Nonlinear Mixing
hai i am completed with my IT and i wanna continue my studies with M.tech can any one suggest me how to prepare and which would be best for my...
Hi all, I am a Mechanical Engineer doing a project which also incorporate 2 motors in parallel.I am searching for Device which can count the Number of times I have...