MediaTek MT6592 Is World's First SOC With Eight-Core Processing

MediaTek, one of the popular semiconductor companies, has launched what is claims to be the world's first TRUE octa-core mobile platform. The MediaTek MT6592 System on a Chip (SOC) brings in the leading multimedia powers combines with connectivity on mobile with eight-core processing technology. After successfully launching the quad-core mobile platforms, the MediaTek MT6592 now brings in the efficiency of price as well as performance in mobile devices. We can now look forward to seeing our smartphones powered with the MT6592 processor and running the latest Android KitKat operating system as early as first quarter of 2014. Interestingly, the MT6592 is the first to use the power-efficient ARM Cortex-A7 processor in an octa-core configuration with the ARM Mali GPU. Now, Let us take a look at the processor's features.

The MT6592 has got eight CPU cores, each capable of clock speeds up to 2GHz, built on advanced 28nm HPM high-performance process. Thanks to the MediaTek scheduling algorithm, we get optimum temperature monitoring temperature and power consumption every single time. The MediaTek MT6592 features a quad-core graphics engine, an advance video playback system supporting Ultra-HD 4Kx2K H.264 video playback and support for new video codecs such as H.265 and VP9, a 16-megapixel camera and a Full HD display.

mediatek-mt-6592-processor-chipset

As we look down the technical specifications list, we see that the new SOC features MediaTek ClearMotion technology for automatic frame-rate conversion of standard 24/30fps video to high-quality 60fps video for significantly smoother playback. Incorporating the MediaTek advanced multi-mode cellular modem and a full connectivity capability for dual-band 801.11n Wi-Fi, Miracast screen-sharing as well as Bluetooth, GPS and an FM tuner, the processor has got a Heterogeneous Computing (HC) architecture.

"We are thrilled to offer the new MT6592 to our customers as part of our ongoing commitment to providing inclusive mobile technology,” said Jeffrey Ju, MediaTek General Manager, Smartphone Business Unit. ”The MT6592 delivers longer battery life, low-latency response times and the best possible mobile multimedia experience. Being the first to market with this advanced eight-core SOC is testament to the industry-leading position of MediaTek.”

Readers from India will be thrilled to know that Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex has tied up with MediaTek and will be bringing the first true octa-core smartphone that has got no name yet. Other than featuring the first octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processer, the smartphone will feature 6-inch HD IPS LCD display; 2GB of RAM; 16GB and 32GB inbuilt storage variants and will be shipped in India by early 2014. We are unarguably impressed with the MediaTek MT6592 SOC - how about you?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LiquidWeb* has announced the launch of 'Storm Private Cloud' - a new web hosting product that allows users to create a private cloud. With the Storm Private Cloud, users can...
There are many apps which provide this service, but most of them I found out to be crap. Nowadays developers are exploiting this to popularize their apps. So I decided...
I have developed a freelancing website, where client can pay through paypal but I am confused how to check client has paid for which job? System is redirecting user to...
If you are an entrepreneur or aspiring to become one, here's a book all of you should read : Dhandha: How Gujaratis Do Business (Flipkart Link) . I've been through...
HTC, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer, has brought its much talked about smartphone - the HTC One Max in India today. At the launch, the company has shared the details about...