Mechanism of push and pull rod suspension

What is the mechanism of push and pull rod suspension

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    A push rod uses a carbon-fibre rod to push and activate the rocker (that acts like spring and damper). The pull-rod is the opposite as the rod pulls on the rocker.

Credits: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    pullrod and pushrod suspension has been used by ferrari since 2009 but they withdraw the idea of using it.Following link gives a detailed idea on it.hope it helps you.....
    scarbsf1.com/blog1/2010/10/10/red-bull-pull-rod-suspension-what-is-looks-like-how-it-benefits-aerodynamics/
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    pullrod and pushrod suspension has been used by ferrari since 2009 but they withdraw the idea of using it.Following link gives a detailed idea on it.hope it helps you.....
    scarbsf1.com/blog1/2010/10/10/red-bull-pull-rod-suspension-what-is-looks-like-how-it-benefits-aerodynamics/

Are you talking about the F1 cars? because this is applicable in other cases too
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nayan Goenka
    Are you talking about the F1 cars? because this is applicable in other cases too
    Yes of course I am talking about that only.It has been used by Ferreai during 2008 and 2009 but they adapted to new suspension system now
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Yes of course I am talking about that only.It has been used by Ferreai during 2008 and 2009 but they adapted to new suspension system now

Ferrari used push rod suspension in one of their cars in Toronto GP in qualifying race I think around 2011. It was an enhanced system of course but they replaced it later with the new hydraulics one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone! I am new to php language. I want to know if we install xammp server on our pc . Is there any need to install php 5.5.1 or...
If you thought that the work of tech giants like Samsung, Sony and Apple were laudable in the smartwatch sector, wait till you meet the Hyetis Crossbow. This Swiss-made watch...
We have a wifi facility in our college and we used it for varioud purpose but what I want to know is 1)how it can offer high speeds of 1to3mbps?...
On this auspicious occasion of the 67th Independence Day of India, we bring you the news of a recent technical development by a team from the Microsoft Research India who...
this boy made my day!. living in a drought area with heavy winds he came up with an idea to build windmill using scrap materials at an age of 14...