Mechanical Vibration by Rao Problem

Dear friends here is a question from 'Mechanical Vibrations by Rao' .....
The statement pointed by the red arrow is full of confusion because it is stating that the displacement by center of gravity of the corresponding segmant in x/2 instead of x .... can u elaborate why? p1 p2

Replies

• Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    #-Link-Snipped-# : This is because, since density of mercury is uniform throughout the manometer, the center of mass for the raised liquid will be at the centre of the liquid column which is at a distance x/2 from the datum for both the sections of liquid below and above datum.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can i get job without degree with the help of doing certification? Currently i am doing CCNA. I need 2 more years to complete my BE but i cant wait...
After launching a few mid-range tablets and phablets HP has ventured into the entry-level segment with its latest Android tablet. The HP 7 Plus Tablet is the most affordable tablet...
As per recent news, the Gorakhpur-bound Gorakhdham express rammed with the goods train near Chureb railway station in Sant Kabir Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh. Atleast 10 are feared to...
The engineers at NASA have been long working on developing technology that can enable sending live animals into the space and on other planets. This time the news has it...
Can a B.Tech CSE student with a CGPA 5.9(less than 60%) with 126 (AIR) be selected in PSU COmpany?