2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

MECHANICAL PROJECT. Need Suggestions

Question asked by Sahil P. in #Mechanical on Sep 5, 2020
Sahil P.
Sahil P. · Sep 5, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Hi!

I'm Mechanical student from India & looking for some cool ideas for my final year project. I'm planning of fabricating & building something. I've some stuffs like "Power generation from moving vehicles or Exhaust, projects related to sustainability,  manufacturing, recycling etc;" in my mind, for which I ain't sure about feasiblablity. I want to something innovative.

So, I request you to please share some ideas I can work on (not necessarily related to my interest). Thanks!

Posted in: #Mechanical
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Sep 5, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

A lot of heat is generated by IC engines. Think of some thermoelectric System to convert to power.

https://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=thermoelectric+power+from+IC+engine+waste+heat&btnG=

Sahil P.
Sahil P. · Sep 8, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Thanks, I will look into it.

What do you think of "Electricity Generation by Speed Breakers"?

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 9, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Electricity Generation with Speed Breakers is a nice idea - but done several times. There are several versions of this - and one was done by one of our members - CEan @Mandar Tulankar . You may check his comments on this thread - A Shoe That Charges Our Mobile Phones | CrazyEngineers

Think of adding something new and you'll have an amazing engineering project. 

Sahil P.
Sahil P. · Sep 13, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Thanks Kaustubh Sir! Could you please drop idea or hint upon I could work on? I'm out of ideas now.

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Sep 14, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Many projects on generating power using gravity have been done. Maybe you can do something in that area. Please check out the two links below:

falling weight lights lamp - Google Search

Google Scholar

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up