mechanical motion transfer doubt - need clarifications

In the area of mechanical motion transfer, beside distance between two units that the transfer can be effected from one to the other, what other considerations can be taken to decide whether to use belt or gear/gear box. Pls I need this answer becuase it is a major issue in my work presently.

Replies

• venkatking.v
    venkatking.v
    Distance, power which should be transfer,transmission speed and load on the drive r the main considerations to decides the drives . For long distance belt drives and chain drives suitable one..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    for longer distances you have to use belts or chains, because you cannot make gears that big to connect such distances. you can consider using transmission shafts, but belts would be a better option , when it comes to weight.
  • TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    Explain your problem clearly...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the power levels are small, even a flexible shaft drive can be an option especially if alignment is a problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NAME- ABHISHEK ANANT ENGG DICIPLINE- CIVIL ENGG. LOCATION- BANGALORE , INDIA OCCUPATION- STUDENT(FINAL YEAR) HOBBIES - POLITICS, SPORTS,MUSIC,READING.. AIM - TO OWN A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. WHY I HAVE CHOOSES CE-...
Hi I'm Akhil, Working as a Java devloper. Crazy abt coding.
If a potato is placed on a pure paper plate which is white and unprinted and put in a microwave oven,the potato heats up but the paper plate does not...
what is consumable and non-consumable electrode?? and where it is used??
i decided to do ah project in networking bt i not get any better ideas to do in advance... pls help or gve some ideas to do my project