Mechanical Engineering Project Idea

hello everyone......i m rohan subbaiah doin my 3rd year mechanical enggnering.....i need to do a project this year itself......so please do tell me about the various ideas and all.....my elective is automotive engg.....thanks guys.....[/b][/i]

Replies

• confluenceedu
    confluenceedu
    Hai Rohan

Best of luck

Regards
    Student Support Team
    ConfluenceEdu.com
    HyDeRaBaD

mdronsubbs
    hello everyone......i m rohan subbaiah doin my 3rd year mechanical enggnering.....i need to do a project this year itself......so please do tell me about the various ideas and all.....my elective is automotive engg.....thanks guys.....[/b][/i]
  • sesh
    sesh
    confluenceedu
    Hai Rohan

Best of luck

Regards
    Student Support Team
    ConfluenceEdu.com
    HyDeRaBaD

right now i on the same boat as you yes. if you get anything please let me know
  • jayeshshinai
    jayeshshinai
    try making an automobile....like only d frame, bike engine, steering, differential etc.
    make it an in-house project ie use the college workshop for welding n drilling...tht'll spare u on making costs, n giv u first hand knowledge, which is whats actually important..
    even professors will prefer it n might end up giving u more marks as they have seen u work over it yourself...
    think about it....its easy, start with makin the design on paper.
    if any help, then mail me...jayeshshinai@hotmail.com..
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    hey thanks man,but wont it be very costly in the sense not economical.
  • Muffy
    Muffy
    Hello Rohan,
    Even though I'm not a mechanical engineer or automobile engineer I may have an idea for you ,which was inspired after a nasty trip on a MTC bus. All heavy vehicles have a very stiff suspension system, this is necessary to prevent damage to the system when the vehicles encounter deep craters and potholes , but the suspension never seems to dampen the shocks created by other smaller irregularities on the roads, so what i propose is that you can perhaps design a system which has a sort of variable stiffness suspension, which could perhaps comprise of sensors which analyze the road conditions and terrain the vehicles traveling on and then accordingly adjust the stiffness of the suspension to provide optimum passenger comfort as well sturdiness. I don't know if this system is already in existence or it may not be feasible, but you may want to give it a thought anyway.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Muffy
    Hello Rohan,
    Even though I'm not a mechanical engineer or automobile engineer I may have an idea for you ,which was inspired after a nasty trip on a MTC bus. All heavy vehicles have a very stiff suspension system, this is necessary to prevent damage to the system when the vehicles encounter deep craters and potholes , but the suspension never seems to dampen the shocks created by other smaller irregularities on the roads, so what i propose is that you can perhaps design a system which has a sort of variable stiffness suspension, which could perhaps comprise of sensors which analyze the road conditions and terrain the vehicles traveling on and then accordingly adjust the stiffness of the suspension to provide optimum passenger comfort as well sturdiness. I don't know if this system is already in existence or it may not be feasible, but you may want to give it a thought anyway.
    Aha, that's nice. I believe high end luxury cars do have such a system. However that shouldn't stop us from making an innovative attempt at it.
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    hey people thanks for ur responses....but what u guys are tellin is about the long term project....but what i hav in my mind is a mini-project....so plz enlighten me....thnaks a bunch

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my friends mentioned about Laser Televisions and I checked on Wikipedia. I guess it would be interesting to discuss the Laser Televisions here on CE. So, anyone wants...
I am presntly working wit one of my friend and dsigning a wheel assembly which can be attached to any ordinary car. wait,wait,wait....b4 thinkin somthin I'll tell U wat exactly...
Could anybody plz suggest a source of very comprehensive material on Computer Organisation.esp for GATE prep. ?
CEans lets discuss about the problem of storage of hydrogen which 1kg of hydrgen takes 11.2 m^3 of space(approx.). Please share your views, ideas (also those vague and crazy ones).
I've the feeling that all our technology, if ever we have ever had valuable one, is going down the sink. This is of many reasons I'd like to discuss with...