Mechanical engineering career questions

I have done my B tech in Mechanical from NIT Nagpur .. with GPA well above 6 .. I have done training but no intern .. and I appeared for campus placements but could nt get any . in my core branch ..so I am looking for off campus .. I wanted to do MS but I have postponed my plans .. for next year ... I am learning some s/w related to mech like autocad pro e ansys .. I want to know if I am late for this ? and If I go for MS .. what things I should be knowing or have on my resume .. to secure an internship in us .. while doing MS .. Thank You ..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Mahesh. Learning Mechanical engineering related software and tools is a great step and I think you are on the right track. You're of course not late and I'm sure the skill-set you'll acquire through training will definitely help you in your career. The things that'd matter the most on your resume will be your academic records, the grad project (major & minor) you undertook and even the side or hobby projects that you worked on in your spare time. Of course the training on software tools would also matter.

But what'd matter the most is your GRE and TOEFL score. So make sure that you apply to the Universities with the best possible score you can have. It's too early to talk about internship in the US, but a good University and your academic performance in the University will definitely help you get a better internship. If your time permits, I'd also recommend seeking a part-time job in the domain of your interest. The basic idea is to make the best possible use of the available time.
  • Mahesh Shelke
    Mahesh Shelke
    Thank You .. Cause I have wasted some time .. But Engineering is so fast I dont think I have wasted much time .. I want to know how should I remember these many concepts .. do I need to revise everything regularly so that I should retain it for longer period of time ?
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Mahesh Shelke
    Thank You .. Cause I have wasted some time .. But Engineering is so fast I dont think I have wasted much time .. I want to know how should I remember these many concepts .. do I need to revise everything regularly so that I should retain it for longer period of time ?
    When it comes to learning softwares, Practice is the key..
  • Mahesh Shelke
    Mahesh Shelke
    Yeah .. still how much time it will take me to be proficient in all this ? .. During college days I hardly get time for learning stuffs .. other than academics
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The key to remembering stuff is by being genuinely interested in it. Mechanical engineering is one of the coolest branches of engineering and it's *very* interesting. Try revising the concepts for your own pleasure than to crack exams and obtain marks. When I look at my Electrical Engineering text books now, everything looks so interesting and so amazing that I sometimes wonder why it all looked so difficult at one time.

As #-Link-Snipped-# said, practice is the key to learning stuff. We all waste time and unfortunately, there's no CTRL+Z to it; so we've to accept it and try to fix it. Make sure that you don't waste your time *now* only to regret it in future.

You'll retain everything in your mind only when you'll learn it for your own self. As I said, be geniunely interested in the subjects/software you are studying and you'll keep it in mind forever.

#experience 😀
  • Mahesh Shelke
    Mahesh Shelke
    Yeah .. Thank You .. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mahesh Shelke
    I want to know if I am late for this ? and If I go for MS .. what things I should be knowing or have on my resume .. to secure an internship in us .. while doing MS .. Thank You ..
    If you are learning something, you are never late. Any kind of learning never goes to waste.
    When going for MS, criteria of selection changes from one university to other. Also depends on which course you are applying for.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After Karnataka and Kolkata, the cities blessed with 4G services include Delhi, Mumbai, Haryana and Kerala by 2014, and should be fully operational by 2014. Read more of it in...
Hello friends, I am student writing project on android operating system. I don't know much about it can you please help with it? Thanks
Though this thread may fit into Industrial Controls and Instruments category, because of specific interest to bioprocesses it is being put up here. Real time monitoring of biotechnology processes has...
I’ve been trying to find the answer to this question for a while and don’t really seem to be getting anywhere. I can’t find any really useful information on this....
hi friends,plz send me the information about the aircooler with solar energy