mechanical engineer in the web of c/c++

do you think it is necessary to teach c/c++ to a mechanical engineer......

it's quite boring to learn them...and the programs which are given to us are also too much of high ranking....

IS it not biasing?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    in what way?
    I think everyone needs to know atleast one programming language . I don't think we have anything left which can be done without using electronics/computers. so what's big harm in learning ?
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    durga
    I think everyone needs to know atleast one programming language . I don't think we have anything left which can be done without using electronics/computers.
    Completely agree.. πŸ˜€
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    durga
    in what way?
    I think everyone needs to know atleast one programming language . I don't think we have anything left which can be done without using electronics/computers. so what's big harm in learning ?

there is no harm in learning but the questions and programs came really make uncomfortable....

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You will find that C/C++ will help you in scientific modeling (such as dynamics, etc), and assist with any numerical algorithms. MATLAB would usually be your primary tool, but you mustn't be too dependent on it (since its quite an expensive software). At least with C or C++, you'll be able to code virtually anywhere πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    durga
    I don't think we have anything left which can be done without using electronics/computers.
    I can think of many things that do not use electronics and computers. And the funny thing is, they are more in number than the ones that use electronics/computers.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Guys, lets get back to topic.

yadav, try to search books on C/C++ for scientists and engineers. They are specifically tailored to allow non-CS people to utilize the power of C/C++ for their own fields.

There are many other languages to use, but since you are currently taking C/C++, you might as well take advantage of that.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    You can also try Google for "c c++ for dummies"
    These are the books with very basic idea and concept. They are easy to understand (provided, you download a GOOD book for the topic)
    This will help you in learning C or C++. πŸ˜€
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    Pranav Kathale
    You can also try Google for "c c++ for dummies"
    These are the books with very basic idea and concept. They are easy to understand (provided, you download a GOOD book for the topic)
    This will help you in learning C or C++. πŸ˜€

thanks...

• Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    yadavundertaker
    thanks...

Yup. You are Welcome.. πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how can i get thid book "designing cdma2000 systems by leonhard" in pdf form ( free ebook). does any body knows any link to it. thanks
Interview Link: https://www.crazyengineers.com/allen-razdow-numbers-are-not-just-digits Discuss the interview in this thread πŸ˜€
Quick Heal CEan of the month September 2009 is... 😁CEan - Sookie😁 ​ CEan Sookie joined CE in August 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Sookie's posts...
Read the announcement here : https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/28911-quick-heal-cean-month-september-2009-a.html
hi.... this is simple.you have to describe the person above you in this thread by some engineering words which you think is suitable for him/her....