mechanical contarction of length

i am desgning a tank like structure, that is based on 6 wheels, 3 wheels at each side, and the central wheel is driver and of 4 inches diameter, while the remaining are driven and of 1.5 inch diameter, there are two belts, one on each side, just like the chain of the tank.
the total size of this assembly is about 34 inches. size can't be reduced as required, but i want variable size, so that the object can be expanded or contracted as needed.
here is a youtube link, the shape will be demonstrated. kindly provide the simple solutions

Southwestern Community College Mechatronics Surveillance Robot For Cops - YouTube

[video=youtube;woMgCoHu_x0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMgCoHu_x0[/video]

Replies

• Umair Zafar
    Umair Zafar
    there is no one who can solve out this problem?????😕
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    hope u have solved it already.. I thought of 2 possible(am not sure how possible are they, I am totally new to it) ways
    The second one must need good teeth on the drive shaft
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

True Engineering’s TruenumbersTM transforms engineering numbers into rich, meaningful data that can be embedded in documents and workflows. (PRWEB) July 11, 2010 -- True Engineering Technology announced today the release...
Please give me some suggestions on what device or system i can innovate or create for my thesis. I'm out of ideas. 😔 It should be any of the 4....
Hi guys!can somebody help me in installing visual studio 6.0 professional version in windows 7?while trying to install i got a set up error as set up is unable to...
Just registered and wished to say Howdy. Oops! I notice the "Introduction template" by this forum's admin, but i feel my self explanatory will be much better. Lol. I'm kavin....
bjt amplify signals by transferring signals from a low resistance circuit to a high resistance one. which part of the bjt is termed as a low resistance circuit and which...