MCSE, suitable for communication engineers?

Hey CEans.. long time no see 😁 I dropped by a couple of times, glad to see theres still lots of activity, haha. Congrats to Big K for getting cool interviews for the Small Talk section.

Anyhow, next month I plan to do a certification course from a training company, and they provide Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer cert amongst others. Would it be beneficial for me as a communication engineer to pursue this? They also offer:

MCAD
SCJP
CompTIA A+
MCDST
CCNA

So, would I really waste my time doing MCSE? Looking through the syllabus, I see it deals with networking and server content (MS 2003). From an employers point of view, how well would you value an engineer with a MCSE? Im aware that you need CompTIA A+ or equivalent as the requirement, but I browsed through the sample questions of CompTIA A+ and they seem alright and quick to revise before I start my MCSE.

Eek, so many questions. Any opinions are appreciated! 😀 Will start posting again on CE soon, hopefully.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Hey CEans.. long time no see 😁 I dropped by a couple of times, glad to see theres still lots of activity, haha. Congrats to Big K for getting cool interviews for the Small Talk section.

Anyhow, next month I plan to do a certification course from a training company, and they provide Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer cert amongst others. Would it be beneficial for me as a communication engineer to pursue this? They also offer:

MCAD
    SCJP
    CompTIA A+
    MCDST
    CCNA

So, would I really waste my time doing MCSE? Looking through the syllabus, I see it deals with networking and server content (MS 2003). From an employers point of view, how well would you value an engineer with a MCSE? Im aware that you need CompTIA A+ or equivalent as the requirement, but I browsed through the sample questions of CompTIA A+ and they seem alright and quick to revise before I start my MCSE.

Eek, so many questions. Any opinions are appreciated! 😀 Will start posting again on CE soon, hopefully.
    Ash,

I don't have much to say about this since I don't know how useful MCSE is to a communications engineer; I can definitely comment about the employer's perspective.

MCSE is recognized all over the world; and it would look fantastic on your resume. However, MCSE does need a dedicate effort. If you plan the things properly, it is not difficult to crack.

Go for it, is all I want to say! [​IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for the reply, bro! I think I'll gun for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Write what you love Notice I didn’t say what you know and love? Start with the passion first and work up from there. If you’ve recently found a new passion...
Some funny weird n cool cases!
Guys this is one of shortcut keys u have to know.. Go to Start -> Run and paste any of these Run Commands below: Run Commands: compmgmt.msc - Computer management...
I just found few very rate photos of Bill Gates, the co-founder and ex-chairman of Windows. Check them out below -
I just noticed that have crossed 10k posts on CE 😀! Although its a milestone; I believe we can do a much better job from now onwards 😉 8k members...