MBA vs. ME/MTECH

Hey guys here after long time, can someone tell me which Post Graduate course will be best suited for me below are my details.

1. Currently in 3rd year Computer Engineering, Pune University.
2. Interest in Entrepreneurship.
3. Looking for 5/10 years of job and then start own business.

Okay guys as you see I am going to do job just 5/10 years of job and then start a software business. Can someone tell me which master degree course will benefit me in business, more than degree I want knowledge that will help me in business. MBA I think will help in management of business, while M.E would help in technical stuff. What do you guys think? As I have to start preparing for entrance test.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That looks like a neat plan. Is there any specific reason you're targeting 5/10 year timeframe for job? Because that'd determine a lot of things in your path.

Masters degree / diploma in management won't be too relevant in when you're starting your own enterprise. It requires a totally different skillset and mind set in the world of entrepreneurship. Just be aware that the more lucrative job you go after; quitting is going to be 10x more difficult. I've been through that phase and can tell you for sure that it's much easier to start right in college and taste the waters than getting into a job and then thinking of starting up.

If you're committed to becoming an entrepreneur, you should start *NOW*. You won't have nothing to lose and have relatively more time and lesser responsibilities. Things tend to get difficult when you're adjusted to the monthly paychecks and have loans to repay to the bank.

Regarding the degrees : They'll help only if you've a clear idea of what type of software business you're planning to enter into. Few more pointers would help others in posting better responses.
  • Ankur Jaiswar
    Ankur Jaiswar
    Yeah I have started 3 months ago, my team has got few projects which will be our main product in few years then we are moving to system oriented products like O.S. Do you think Mtech will benefit? I cannot find anything about computer science in ME/MTECH.

About the Job, I am having it as a back up plan, I just want to keep a back-up while my business grows.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I wanted to know the kind of modulation that we use in radio communication say for example RED FM, RADIO CITY etc? Is it amplitude modulation or a frequency...
I am currently persuing B.Tech (2 Semester) & I want to learn JAVA, so I want the help regarding a reputed JAVA Tutorial Institutes in Delhi/NCR (first preference : New...
Hello Friends, I came across many interview questions and one question was really tricky. What is the fundamental unit of digital electronics? Is it binary numbers or the logic gates...
Hi, mates! I hope you find this article interesting: https://www.gostructural.com/magazin..._s_tallest_building__the_burj_dubai-7709.html
Hai.... Friends My name is pydi reddy,all u can call me as spidy that how my friends calls me i am currently pursuing b.tech 4th year friends i hope all...