Maximum load given yield strength in Abaqus cae

Hello

I'm new to Finite Element Analysis and Abaqus cae.

I have created a model of a crane arm in Abaqus and I intend to use it to calculate the maximum load that it can tolerate before plastic deformation. I meshed the model and gave it a random load. The maximum principal stress seen in the model is much beyond the yield strength.

Can anyone tell me how to obtain the maximum load before plastic deformation without using a very inane procedure of trial and error?
Pardon my ignorance.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, As title say Add extra option in My Computer content right click menu Here screenshot download here https://www.fileserve.com/file/3xDE5ZB
hello friends. do you have to submit major or minor projects in your college & you are not prepared yet? I have something for you. contact me, I hav got...
Most of my questions are still didn't answered.Anyway this is my another query brothers I hope you will make it clear. how application software interact with system software. I have...
Hi I want to simulate a VCO in simulink, the input for which has to be from the real world. How can i interface the real world input to the...
The wait is finally over! Mozilla has released the much awaited version of their browser, still in Beta (beta1). The browser packs lot of new features (HTML5, WebM etc.) Apart...