Maverick OSX and Virtual BOX compatibility issue

ok, though everything else works fine, I had an issue while accessing VM. The network adapter 1 ( attached to NAT ) is just fine. But the problem is with adapter 2 . Enabling Adapter 2 for Host -Only Adapter settings - triggers a error. This seems to be a genuine issue and has been fixed by Virtual box in release 4.3

ticket # :#-Link-Snipped-#

I upgraded my VB to 4.3 and the problem is resolved.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm using Parallels and Maverics is currently downloading. I think most of the apps should be compatible on the new update. Will report if anything looks broken.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yes, safari 'looks' quicker (did not test) and rest all is fine.(including processing speeds)
    Apple maps are back 😛
    Also seems, the software suggests to register for iCloud feature , to aid in finding lost MacBooks. whatever !

I am though worried about thrid-party apps, hope they work-
  • Ross Perkins
    Ross Perkins
    Confirmed that Virtualbox 4.3 is indeed working with OS X Mavericks.

I had Virtualbox 4.2.18 and it was broken, saying vboxnet0 was not found. Attempts to add it failed.

Interestingly, "check for updates" said I was up-to-date, no updates available.

However, I deleted the Virtualbox.app and downloaded the new 4.3 from Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox and now I confirm that my existing VMs are indeed working great with vboxnet0.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    looks like XQuartz does not come by default too, though the server and client libraries are available for OS X Moutain Lion.

By the way , I am observing some eerie behaviour with VBox and OSX, either the computer does not shut down or I have to reinstall VMBOx every time I want to use it. Hopefully I don't regret upgrading my software.

EDIT: I do regret upgrading. This problem is persistent, every time I reboot I have to reinstall VBox .
  • Roger L
    Roger L
    Ross is correct that everyone will need to upgrade to VirtualBox 4.3.

The reason for the missing host adapter(s) is listed here:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    seems the newest version of vbox (4.3.4 r91027 )has fixed the issue.
    1.Started vbox
    2. hostadaptor settings are intact
    3 started vm
    4.shut vm
    5.closed vm
    6.restarted machine

so far so good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I am interested in understanding what it takes to build a app, which works when is switched off as well? I searched internet but couldnt find valuable information....
Quote: I built this CNC router as final project for school (also called 'profielwerkstuk' in the Netherlands). When I started the build, I was 16 years old and I finished...
BBM has been already rolled out for Android and IOS, but it looks like BBM is offered only to people having Android 4.0 (ICS) + Versions, Gingerbread is not so...
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has launched the HP Pavilion x2 Hybrid PC in India along with three business series laptops named - HP Elitebook Revolve 810, Probook 430 and Elitebook 800 series....
I have a programming doubt. The doubt is simple. "syms a b c; a=b+c; b=3; c=1;" The above is the program. Now when I do b+c, I get answer as...