Math Required for Associate Degree Level Technician Job?

Hello,

I am considering going back to school to obtain an Associates Degree in engineering. I hope to get an entry level job as a technician. What level of math should I have before starting a program, and what will I need to complete before graduation? Math has always been my biggest stumbling block while doing Coursera classes.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jeremey Allen
    Hello,

I am considering going back to school to obtain an Associates Degree in engineering. I hope to get an entry level job as a technician. What level of math should I have before starting a program, and what will I need to complete before graduation? Math has always been my biggest stumbling block while doing Coursera classes.
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Could you tell us a bit about your background? I'm guessing that you are interested in two-year Mechatronics engineering course that requires high school diploma.

You'll do fine if you can handle high-school level math. There are plenty of classes on udemy and coursera that you may take if you aren't comfortable with math.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Besides, for the associates degree, you can consult the academic advisor of the Community College you plan to enroll with. He/she can help you decide any pre-requisites you might need to handle the math courses. But with high school math (as has already been mentioned by #-Link-Snipped-#), you should be fine.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anybody be kind enough to suggest me the cutting tool specification(drill bit boring tool and end mill cutter),to machine on stainless steel 304 metallic block
For MyKitap founder Sandeep Ahirwar, entrepreneurship is all about getting out of comfort zone in search of freedom. "I love the idea of doing whatever I want, when I want...
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has debuted a new internet technology aboard the International Space Station (ISS) that shall help create a Solar System Internet that is much faster...
As the world faces a severe problem of plastic (polyethylene) overdose, the synthetic polymer is getting increasingly difficult to degrade thanks to its chemically inert nature. A team of researchers...
The mystical bizarre movement of outside existence has failed to sync with Betty’s mind. She is perplexed, beyond which she can ever think of, and has reached the point where...