Math puzzle...

About 90% give wrong answers. but hoping so CE's can give the correct answer ...👍

5-(5*6-2-4)+2=?????

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rising star
    About 90% give wrong answers. but hoping so CE's can give the correct answer ...👍

5-(5*6-2-4)+2=?????
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    When applying the BODMAS rule, the answer obtained is -17.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    -17 of course!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana

Apply BODMAS 😛
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The real puzzle seems to be why 90% fail?
    It is elementary arithmetic.
    Or is there a twist in the tail somewhere?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    So all of them are getting -17.

but in case there is a twist to the puzzle as Ramani sir says then let us know #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    -17 is a straight forward answer.

But i think the twist in the tale is the the bracket, i think it should start after second 5 where in people might get confused.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't see any twist in the tale. It's a fact that a lot of people aren't able to do simple calculation. I had asked similar problems in job interviews and would always find one or two candidates out of 10 who'd give me wrong answers.
  • Rising star
    Rising star
    hey there is no twist in this question & -17 is the right answer
  • mayur agarwal
    mayur agarwal
    apply bodmas
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    😡 Dont post such a simple 4th standard puzzles...its irritating
  • aNaN
    aNaN
    dont forget BODMAS
  • superfan
    superfan
  • pugazh anand
    pugazh anand
    got-17 exactly
  • pugazh anand
    pugazh anand
    -17 exactly ter s twist at all..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am from Kolkata.I want to crack GATE 2014.My stream is Civil Engg. I am confused in selecting correspondence course. Made Easy or Gateforum......Which is better for Civil? I need...
In Greek mythology, Icarus, the son of Daedalus, was known to fly too close to the sun for his own good. Current solar technology is analogous to that myth in...
A Dutch company is looking for applicants to 'one way' trip to Mars. Yes, you read it right - it's a ONE WAY trip. Once you go, there's no return...
Was going through the website of Vector Institute(https://www.vectorindia.org/). They have a very large list of recruiters(https://www.vectorindia.org/placement_record.html) and their course structure for Embedded Systems looks quite promising. I just want to...
We recently had a weekend debate where CEans participated in real time via CE Conference. It was an interesting event and all of us had a great time. I had...