matching algorithm.!!

Hello everyone..!

I have a problem in my project, its a web application for collage students, it assigned a graduation projects to students; by offering many projects online,
student login, selects many project he interested in ( he can choose up to six projects),
after that doctor can see names of students who have chosen his project, doctor ranked them from 1-6 ( may less )

i want to match between student's choice and doctor's choice, and get best order.
there is six choices for student, and also six choices for doctor,
and we have many doctors and many students,

the problem is:
when student select a project as 1st choice,
and doctor also select this student as 1st in that project
then it is (1:1) , best match, the student gets the project.

but in the other cases, what should we put first?
(1:3) // doctor select student in 1st, student selects project in 3rd
or (2:2) // student and doctor select 2nd
so, whats come first? (1:3) or (2:2)
there are some other cases.

this is a similar problem: Stable roommates problem
Stable Roommates Problem i tried to do this: - for any cas... 1st, but student 6,comes before ) thanxx

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Search Engines has become one of the crucial part of day to day life of Internet users. At an average everyday more than 14 billion queries are fired across all...
I chanced upon a rural family who at just arrived to begin a new life in the city. They were standing on the railway FOB begging for money from passersby....
Hello all. I've recently got into doing small electronic work. Ive got some soldering experience and have done work with LEDS, resistors, capacitors, and transistors. Anyways, I would like to...
Looks like Paypal and RBI aren't going well together. Earlier, Paypal had to stop payments to individuals in India which was later lifted. Now, Paypal has come up with following...
Port Scanner Worm Hello Does anyone know any kind of virus or worm that after infecting a computer in a Lan, the worm can go through other computers or at...