Maruti Suzuki Introducing Clutch-Free Cars In 2014 - All Hail Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).

Maruti Suzuki Celerio (also famous as the Suzuki YL7), the car that's a replacement for A-Star and Estilo, is one among forty to be unveiled at the forthcoming Auto Expo 2014 to be held in February. This car could be another major boost in the MSIL portfolio, and in what is a segment first, this car features an automated manual transmission (AMT), which eliminates the use of clutch pedal entirely to shift gears.

maruti_suzuki_interior

AMT system renders driving a lot more convenient, mainly in the highly crowded city traffic, and is also more cheaper as compared to conventional gear-boxes. This system even delivers higher fuel efficiency than manual transmissions.

Maruti Suzuki Celerio derives power off a 1 litre, 3 cylinder, K10 petrol engine - one that can be found in A-Star, Estilo and the WagonR. The 3 pot motor has a maximum power of 67PS, and is celebrated for its performance.

Whether Celerio rocks the small car market is yet to be seen, but the odds do seem in its favor. What do you think about the car? Let us know in comments below.

Replies

• Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    enough space to drive.....
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Back in the early 70's a friend gave me a ride in his car, a Volkswagen beetle I think, which had a stick shift with no clutch. I asked him where's his clutch? He said it's an "automatic clutch". I was very skeptical, but there was no denying he was shifting gears with no third pedal to push.

That was the one and only time I ever even heard of such a thing until this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This will take down us CEans by many pegs. Crazy is not the word for these space exploration vehicles of the past. Quote: In the first known story of space...
WW II derring do to warm all CEan adventurous hearts: https://www.neatorama.com/2014/01/04...ighter-Ace-Who-Flew-Through-the-Eiffel-Tower/
Quote: The UnReal Times is a news satire website that publishes fictional news reports, articles and multimedia content with the intention of providing readers with clean and sensible humour. Endquote...
Quote: Computers with a brain-inspired ‘neuromorphic processor'—systems able to learn from their experiences—could transform the face of computing, potentially doing everything from advancing facial and speech recognition technology to rendering...
Quote: Environmental conservation is every nation's rallying call in the wake of its massive destruction around the world and the dire need to conserve it for ourselves and the future....