Maruti Suzuki Android App For Car Servicing

Maruti Suzuki android app for car servicing will soon be launched and is expected to help customers with their car servicing needs. Maruti Suzuki India Limited aka MSIL is looking to introduce an app targeted at Android platform. The app will help customers book their job orders via centrally located server through the app. The company says that service center executives will be able to take photographs and record the proofs of scratches / dents already present on the car at the time of creating the job order. The app will use cloud services to record several parameters of bookings, delivery times, customer feedback etc.

I think the app can be used in several innovative ways as well. Here are a few things I'd expect in the app-
  • Tell the customer information about the exact cost of servicing including that of oil, replaced parts.
  • Inform the customers 1 hour in advance of the expected delivery time
  • Give the customer a real time update on the progress of the service (like car washed, oil changed, wheels balanced and so on)
  • Give the customer alerts about due servicing dates.
  • Let the app deliver tips and tricks to the customer to get the maximum mileage out of car etc.
What'd you expect the app to do for you? Share below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I am a CSE student, often discussed this topic previously on many Engineering related forums, and the answer I got is this conclusion - GRE - Needs a...
Engineers cutting across all disciplines use calculations at every stage of development of designs. This free webinar considers various aspects of this importnat core activity in depth. https://video.webcasts.com/events/pmny001/viewer/index.jsp?eventid=45664 Tuesday, April...
Perceptual Computing Challenge Results There were as many as 1000 apps submitted in the contest from 11 countries. Out of them 35 Made it to winning round with 3 grand...
Name: Sanyam Khurana Engineering Trade: Computer Science and Engineering Location: New Delhi Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A Hobbies & Interests: Programming freak, love to learn new things and teach people...
Can somebody explain me how exactly can a Memristor replace an inductor or capacitor ? How can the 'resistance storage capability' of a memristor is compared with the energy storage...