Maruti Alto K10 (Automatic) Price, Features & Mileage Revealed

Maruti Suzuki has announced the latest version of Alto K10 and boy, it does come with automated manual transmission (AMT). At the price of Rs. 3.80 lakh (Ex-Showroom, Delhi), the K10 VXi (AGS) becomes the cheapest car in India offering semi-automatic transmission. Those who are not aware of the difference between the AT and AMT may note that the AMT vehicle will still have regular stick shift; but the clutch is operated by the computer. So the car will not have the traditional clutch pad. Let us give you a quick overview of the price list of all the 6 variants and the features they offer.

Maruti-Suzuki-Alto-K10-Price-Features

The Alto K10 will ship in 6 versions and the price of each (ex.showroom, Delhi) is listed below:-
  • Lx - Rs. 3.06 L
  • Lxi - Rs. 3.22 L
  • Vxi - Rs. 3.38 L
  • Vxi (O) - Rs. 3.57 L
  • Vxi AMT - Rs. 3.8 L
  • Lxi CNG MT - Rs. 3.82 L
Overall, the car does build upon the design theme of the ever popular 800. On the outside, the wrap around headlights will get your instant attention and you won't miss out on the fog lamps enclosed in dark plastic shell. The cabin gets an upgraded and premium look as compared to the earlier version as well. The dual-tone dashboard with new upholstery and control buttons are a definite plus. The engineering team that worked on Alto claims to have increased the cabin space by increasing the width and height of the car. The boot however continues to be the same size, at 177 litres. The driver airbag is available in the premium version only. The users will appreciate keyless entry, premium audio system, gear shift indicator and front powered windows.

Alto K10 TVC​

The Alto K10 engine is the same though: 1.0 litre K-Next that produces 68 PS @ 6000 rpm and 90 Nm torque @ 3500 rpm. The CNG version offers 59 PS @ 6000 rpm and 78 Nm @ 3500 rpm when in CNG mode. The makers claim the mileage of 24.07 kmpl; about 15% more than what the earlier model offered. The CNG variant claims 32.26 km/kg; which ain't bad either.

Maruti-Suzuki-Alto-K10-Price

Do let us know your thoughts about the new Alto K10.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    This is good news! AMT sure will optimize fuel efficiency over completely auto transmission. Excellent move and very economical in terms of price!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    This is good news! AMT sure will optimize fuel efficiency over completely auto transmission. Excellent move and very economical in terms of price!
    We're thinking of replacing our old Alto with this one. I'm likely to take a test drive in a week or two and will post my first hand review of the car. I hope I'll have ample time with the car to form opinions.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Surely post your reviews of the transmission! Thanks, looking forward to it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    Surely post your reviews of the transmission! Thanks, looking forward to it!
    Sure, will do.

Anything else I should focus on?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well I am no expert, since I have only driven one car, but as Maruti has made only one major change to the powertrain, I would say check if the gear transmission is smooth. That is, if you feel that they should have let you handle the clutch (In other words check how efficient is the automatic clutch).
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    yea nice car in budget 😀
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    This seems to be good. If only Tata comes up with their (speculated) automatic Nano, then more challenges to auto drivers and traffic cops! I feel competition is always better.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Interesting update for those who have commented here -
    Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Urbano Gets New Look And 18 New Features

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I am Adam from Mumbai. I am interested in software testing however yet quite confused on how to go about it. I have completed by B.E in I.T...
@Divyaprakash - Wishing you lots of success, good health and prosperity. Have a sparkling birthday.🎉
Google Now, which lets you issue search commands to Google; now understands Hindi and your everyday Hinglish as well. Google demonstrated how Google Now recognises Hindi language to perform searches...
Xiaomi is reportedly launching an Mi 16000 mAh power bank to take care of all your power hungry gadgets. The company already has 5200 mAh and 10400 mAh power banks...
Ambulance services in Chennai have more and more facilities inside the ambulance. The facilities are, 1.Well trained and professional medical doctor and staff 2.And additional support paramedics 3. Advanced digital...