Marshalling box in a transformer

can someone please elaborate about marshalling box in a transformer?
it is having RTD(or thermocouples) for measurement of oil and winding temperatue only or something else also?

Replies

• Arp
    Arp
    please reply it..
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    Marshalling box is a kind of panel which is situated next to transformer, it contains OTI or oil temperature indicator, WTI or winding temperature indicator, heater switch, pump control switch, fan control switch, mcb and contractors.

Let me know, if other queries rises in your mind.
  • Arp
    Arp
    what is heater switch?
    for what heater is used
    and tell me some also about contractors?
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    heater switch is used to dry heat process in which the moisture that is trapped inside the transformer is eliminated and contractors are terminal points in the panel box....
  • Arp
    Arp
    thanks marshalling box is now clear
    will you please also tell about oil surge relay in the transformer?
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    [FONT="]It has only one float & operates when oil surges reach and strike the float of OSR. It is used with OLTC for detection of any damage or fault inside the tap changer and prevents tap changer from damages in case of low oil level in OLTC tank.[/FONT]
  • Hisham Bulushi
    Hisham Bulushi

What about the connection in the marshalling box ? How WTI and OTI connected and mcb is it used for tripping purpose in case and of OTI and WTI heats up?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Building a Multiple-Criteria Negotiation Support System 2. An Exploratory Study of Database Integration Processes 3. COFI approach for Mining Frequent Item sets 4. Online Random Shuffling of Large Database...
1. Fabrication of Remote operated weapon System 2. Automatic double axis Pneumatic JCB 3. Automatic Car Parking System for apartment Building 4. PLC based automatic Multi-machine Lubrication System 5. Electronic...
Samsung has developed faster computer memory module i.e DDR4 RAM and is capable to rad and write twice time faster then the previous one (DDR3).The transfer rate of DDR3 is...
1)What is the meaning of front end & back end design in VLSI ?....Which has more demand in industry ? 2)What are the steps in VLSI product development ? Which...
Friends, I am having a doubt regarding broadcasting done by router or not ? Suppose we are having this scenario. LAN1 { 172.19.1.1 ,172.19.1.2 ,172.19.1.4,172.19.1.8 } connected via S1 LAN2...