Manufacturer uses 8 cylinder for 3200cc engine. why they are not using single big cylinder Having 3200 cc engine capacity?

Manufacturer uses 8 cylinder for 3200cc engine. why they are not using single big cylinder Having 3200 cc engine capacity?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Sure you can. If you want your car to behave like a giant kangaroo.

Eight cylinders working at different angles of the fullcycle as designed by the crank shaft is more efficient and gives a smoother ride.

• Bala Venkat
    Bala Venkat

Interesting question mate #-Link-Snipped-# I think it's because of the geometry of the design. The bigger the piston, the lesser the power per weight. If we use a single cylinder, to derive the same amount of power, you would need somewhere around 6 or 7 liters instead of much lesser. ?  scratching my head.

• jignesh bhatt
    jignesh bhatt

multicylinder engine kicks power more time during singpe revolution of crank, gives turbine like smoothness and also allowed to lightweight flywheel hance kerb weightnof vehicle....bla ..bla...bla

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One form fits all.Or does it?https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/245841
In most of the engineeirng subjects we are familiar with the parameter "pi"
I'm wondering if adding foreign key constraints and references has any performance improvements in MySQL queries. For example, let's say I've a posts table -post_id | user_id | title |...
hi, i am using word press to make one site, so i want one functionality in which if user go to suppose blog page mysitename/blog/ he will be redirected to...
I'm electical graduate and I have 2 yr work experience in switchyard maintenance as deputy site incharge, but now  I m finding new job like this , or which course...