Man versus machine. What happens when robots think like humans?

Quote: The long running story of man versus machine reached an important new milestone in March, this year, when Google’s AlphaGo program scored a 4-1 victory in the ancient board game Go, against one of the world’s best players: Lee Sedol of South Korea.
This defeat – at the 2500 year-old game of strategy that is many times more complex than Chess – is arguably more significant for humankind than the victory by IBM’s Deep Blue Chess computer against the world champion Garry Kasparov in 1997. It’s more significant because, unlike Deep Blue’s 2-1 (and three draws) victory, AlphaGo’s triumph was not achieved by brute-force calculation – analysing all possible moves and outcomes at each turn – but by using experience to choose the strategy most likely to be successful. This is closer to the way a human plays the game, using intuition. Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ZTE which recently launched Nubia Z11, is in the news again for the launch of new smartphone Nubia N1 priced at CNY 1,699 (roughly Rs. 17,200). The device features a...
Actually i am residing in Bangalore, for a purpose of job searching but i don't have 60% in 10th that's why, i am lacking in many parts of company.For me...
Dear Sir I have completed my engineering in computer science and i have major inclination towards web development as a PHP Developer. I want to know about scopes in php...
Swipe Technologies has launched its brand new X703 tablet successor as a Snapdeal exclusive product. The Indian telecom start-up has crafted innovation over technology based sculpture. In the official launch...
Hello crazyengineers members, I hope I'm posting this question on the correct thread. I want to start my own custom motorcycle project, and I want to use software to draw...