Making a Video About "How To Use CE-Forum" : Suggestions Invited

I am preparing a list of things to include in a video that explains how to use the CE-Forum.

It will be a very simple "How-to-do" video, explaining steps of starting a new thread, replying on existing posts etc..

If you have any suggestions/ideas on what to include in the video, please comment immediately.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    make sure that each section is explained brief and it should be short
  • Reya
    Reya
    While explaining "How to use the forum",list out the things which should not be done in the forum like using sms language,check if that topic is already available before posting etc
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. I think I will make 2 or 3 short videos.

The first one will be about how to join this forum and what to do after joining it.

This will be my first video of this kind. *Trying to do the best* 😀

Keep giving suggestions and free advice. 😉
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Firstly, you must give a description on what a forum is.Many people are not aware of the concept of forums.
    1) How to find threads(search option)
    2) How to read threads,where to find threads.
    3) How to reply to posts
    4) How to start threads? What are the factors you got to keep in mind when you make threads, like a)threads can not be moved without the help of mods, so we should think first where the threads should be. b)the language to be used, the fact that we have to make the subject catchy enough to grab attention.. and the like
    Include the duties of moderators, and what moderators mean to other members, users etc.
    Please stress about the use of CE conference. It must be used to to address to other members/users, to grab attention of other members to a few threads, etc. But at the same time, people must refrain misuse of the same. Also, there must be a limit kept by the user/member, not just in the level of decency, but also in the expressions they use in the conference. A few people use the conference as a social network chat room, to hook new 'friends'(Sorry for being direct, but observe the conference to find this true.). Moderators' role in curbing that must be mentioned (possible ban etc.). Explain what are locked threads, sticky threads and other terminologies we can come across in our forum.
    I must have let out many points, please add on.
    Thanks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, good points. I think we may also create a screenshot-based tutorial.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Screen shot based tutorial with animations is the only way you can enlighten more people in the most effective way. It will minimize words and will increase efficiency, and it will be pleasing to the eyes.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Cool Response. I am noting down points. 👍

Bring more suggestions. 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    Also mention that email ids should not be posted in forum.It would be nice if you create a video about "Things should not be done in forum" 😀
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    You can include that after joining the forum, go to introduction section and introduce yourself and then you can explain every section one by one. You can also give an example of how to post, not to use sms language etc...
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Information about the member profile, it's settings, the visitors message and the private message can also be included.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @ AKD
    Are you planning to use Flash for making the video?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ET: No. I have screen-captured everything. I just need to put a voice over.
    I guess I will have to find someone with a good & clear accent to do it.
    Sorry for taking so long to reply on this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    After talking to some CEans, I have realized that a lot of people don't use the simple & basic features on the forum that come in handy.
    We need a couple of videos for the newbies as well as the oldies! 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AbraKaDabra
    After talking to some CEans, I have realized that a lot of people don't use the simple & basic features on the forum that come in handy.
    We need a couple of videos for the newbies as well as the oldies! 😀
    really I support you...Any help from me I will be at your service.
  • nerdy_me
    nerdy_me
    A Demo option (video) should be introduced which will include the complete criteria while joining the forum along with all the relevant details. It will give a quick and practical summarisation to the joiner.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Department of Electrical and Electronics, Mangalam College of Engineering, Ettumanoor is organizing a techno- cultural fest AZIONARE’11 on 7th and 8th March 2011 in our college campus. AZIONARE’11 will be...
I've been thinking about getting a new broadband connection for CE's office 😎 and Tikona has been one of the shortlisted ISP. The company has great plans and offers (they...
Once again I would like to introduce myself to everyone here because someone misinterpreted me as a girl. I'm Sammy Juanico but I use "shame" as my profile name. A...
Guys can I ask you a question? If you don't mind..😒 What are the benefits that we can get from artificial contraceptives?
Microsoft Developer Network India tweeted today that the latest shiny version of the Internet Explorer will be relased on March 14. If that date is not to be believed, the...