Making a System on chip

This is what in my mind.I want to make a system on chip like Raspberry pi,Beaglebone,etc..Actually,I am a second year Electronics & Telecommunication student.So,I'm actually planning about my third year mini-project and fourth year project to be same i.e system on a chip.Is it a big project to me or should i go for the normal project?

Replies

• Akhil C Joy
    Akhil C Joy
    Dear Vamsi,

All the best for your new project idea. You can make a basic low cost model (Horrizontal prototype) on one bread board by choosing any of microprocessor, multiprocessor (Intel, Arm, snapdragon) and adding RAM & ROM memory module and oscillator for providing clock speed, Interfaces(USB, RS232, HDMI, VGA, Ehernet), ADC and DAC.

Please note that SOC model should small form factor and power consumption also should be less.
  • Akhil C Joy
    Akhil C Joy
    Dear Vamsi,

All the best for your new project idea. You can make a basic low cost model (Horrizontal prototype) on one bread board by choosing any of microprocessor, multiprocessor (Intel, Arm, snapdragon) and adding RAM & ROM memory module and oscillator for providing clock speed, Interfaces(USB, RS232, HDMI, VGA, Ehernet), ADC and DAC.

Please note that SOC model should small form factor and power consumption also should be less.
  • vamsi krishna.M
    vamsi krishna.M
    Akhil C Joy
    Dear Vamsi,

Yes,I completely agree with you and i'll make one.thank you Akhil.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Folks at MIT have come up with a super chip that is much smaller and consumes a thousand times less power than computer chips, but is capable of performing equally...
HTC recently launched their brand new 4G LTE enabled Desire 626 dual-sim smartphone, the newest member of its flagship Desire series in India. HTC decided to launch the dual sim...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project primarily focuses on obstacle detection. It uses regenerative type principle which can generate energy by the gravitational force available in the vehicle suspension...
American smartphone manufacturer InFocus has launched “the perfect selfie phone”, the InFocus Bingo 21 in India at an amazing price tag of Rs. 5499. The very reasonably priced smartphone comes...
In web authoring how can i make a picture move from top to bottom?