Making a live streaming site like Ustream

I've started off making a live streaming site like ustream. I'm asked to design the UI and necessary control panel and home page for the site, in the first phase essentially with PHP. That is almost over. In the next phase i need to integrate the streaming and all the related stuffs. I really don't know how that part works.
I wish to get an insight on what all technologies to use and how to implement them to get this working.

Platform: LINUX
SERVER SIDE: Apache/PHP/MySQL
Stream Server:wowza
Player used:Flash based (for restricting illegal access of stream).
Also uses CDN for easy and faster content delivery

Please give valuable resources and tutorials. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Christner
    Christner
    You can make by using free blogspot theme. You will get streaming link on web.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    siraj.mussafirr
    In the next phase i need to integrate the streaming and all the related stuffs. I really don't know how that part works.
    Could you elaborate a bit on what exactly you wish to integrate? From what I understand is that you've the UI ready and the streaming has been set up with all the files that need to be streamed available on the server. I think you've been asked to integrate streaming along with CDN. First you'll have to find out the CDN service that allows video streams. Edgecast, I believe is one of the leading content networks that allows such facility. You'll have to explore their website with them.

Integration of CDN is a pretty easy job. Let us know the exact problem you're facing so that the experts here can offer help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a Mechanical Engineer, Lego fancier and plain crazy you will like this seven minute long video of this amazing, zany Lego machine. All it does is to...
Forbe's survey puts L&T ahead of Apple and Google inits list of world's top fifty Most innovative companies. Four other Indian companies also make it to the list of fifty....
I had been trying to install Whatsapp on my ubuntu 12.04 using the android emulator. I have installed android sdk with jelly beans installed on the emulator and downloaded whatsapp...
I was wondering if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction. I am designing a 30'-0" tall cmu masonry wall with 32"x16" pilasters at 16'-0"...
Atlast, Wait is over. The Steam's Linux version is out with two dozens of game supporting Linux. Alongwith it, Steam Linux's client testing starts from today. We were waiting too...