Maju Nusa, together with O3b Networks, targets 3G services for rural areas in Malaysia

Malaysian telco operator Maju Nusa recently inked a deal with satellite network operator O3b Networks to provide 3G services for rural areas.

How does it work? Basically, O3b will provide satellite backhaul for all the 3G base stations that are dotted around the rural areas in Malaysia. This is great because normal telco operators have little incentive to set up backhaul links over long distances (and through difficult terrain like jungles) just to cover a few villages. With satellite, you can just set up a few base stations and let them all connect to the RNC/core via the satellite network.

This could be the start to provide communication and fast broadband in hard to reach areas!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys please suggest me what should i go for lumia 720, samsung grand or any other such touch phone preferably an android one
What do you think are the biggest misconceptions society has about engineers? I'm especially focusing on the misconceptions the non-engineers have about engineers. Here's one: Being an engineer - they...
Hello Friends I was wondering How much iphone 5 will cost me If some send it to me through US , Hongkong or Dubai? Will it be on same price...
With the founders left with < 15% stake in the company and investors controlling majority of stake; it seems to me like a win-win situation for everyone. The bus ticketing...
Now it has became very normal that before release of any APPLE product we gets tonnes of speculations and rumors. This time rumors are for next inline product for Apple...