Mail Server configuration Ubuntu16 with Postfix, Roundcube, Dovecot

hi!

I really wish to deploy the mail server on my ubuntu server on the virtual machine. I wish to do it, I need a recommendation on the step by step on how to deploy it and testing it.

thank you so much. engs

Replies

• Joseph Simon
    Joseph Simon

Thank you very much!

I look at it it's good but I want postfix load with Roundcube and not Gmail. I want postfix for a transfer agent, dovetoc and Roundcube for the browser.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Okay, DigitalOcean has a tutorial that explains how to set it up on UBuntu 12.04; but I think you could use the same instructions for latest versions of uBuntu. There should be a separate tutorial for setting up roundcube. Will search it later in the evening. All the best!

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# for help. Have you configured this?

PS: Found a new tutorial: #-Link-Snipped-#

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Posting on behalf of #-Link-Snipped-# -

I need help on the install of the mail server on Ubuntu. I use this article 

How to Install Mail Server on Ubuntu 16.04(Part 1) ( Dovecot - Postfix - Roundcube ) | Cloud JoJo

end up in the last stage where the Roundcube failure where I got this message " 

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Unable to connect to the database!
    Please contact your server administrator. "

I try to read every line on the PHP conf without luck. I try to comment to the page maybe there may help but no one has. I think because was posted longtime. 

anyone who can check the link and see if there anything I miss of not understand well.

I will be very happy. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

People frequently stop my conversations when I talking about politics by saying" You are well educated, why are you thinking about politics. " 
New research innovation made recently in Astrophysics. 
as i'm doing my project under the the topic of underwater image enhancement ..am facing little difficult in matlab codings...will anyone provide and teach me the matlab codings under this...
Why we not measure electricity bill in kvah while the kvah consist both components of power triangle kw and kvar So if we measure kvah then we need not to...