Magnetic Tape

Assume that a 2400 foot magnetic tape has recording density of 6400 Bpi. Data (logical) records are 100 bytes, and the memory buffer is 10,000 bytes. What is the largest IRG that will allow 80 percent of the tape to be data?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are some PHP books for referemce-Please suggest which of them are good. Also please post any other if you know - O'Reilly-php cookbook Apress beginning php and mysql 3rd...
Could any one tell us which books are good for Java developers.. I have list of few books. Help me in knowing which is good : 1.Thinking in JAVA -...
Richter: "CLR via C#" Troelson: "Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform" Albahari & Albahari: "C# 3.0 in a Nutshell" Hejlsberg, Torgersen, Wiltamuth, & Golde: "The C# Programming Language,...
Head First Design Patterns -O'Reilly Media Design Patterns Explained: A New Perspective on Object-Oriented Design, by Alan Shalloway and James R. Trott
Lot of people hate presentation, it scares to dealth in many situations. But taking few time to prepare for presentation will really bring a relaxing situation for anyone.I know that...