"Macs or PC"- Which is better?

Macs are made by Apple and run Apple Operating System. Personal Computers refers to a broad variety of computers made by different companies including Gateway, Dell, and more. Although Macs do not sell in as high a quantity as PCs, they do comprise 91% of computers .

Are they truly better, or simply more expensive?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess there could be a feature by feature comparison to determine which operating system is better. I used Windows for a long time and abhorred OSX. Then started using OSX and now loving the simplicity of the OS and the beauty of Mac hardware (especially the screens).

So if anyone's looking for value for money: PC's are better. For the rest, Macs do good.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    To be honest, If I wudve been filthy rich then every gadget of mine would be of Apple !
    They are simply amazing ...
    & yeah they are a lot better with nice service & warranty ..... The only lack is that there aint many game titles for mac users so most gamers prefer PC with MS & not OS x 😀
    But again, if you are just net surfer & developer & u are pretty rich ... Mac is way to go !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not really. The choice of software on Windows is far better than what you get on Mac. The OSX apps are limited, but they usually get the things done. I like iTunes; but I'd still go with Jet Audio for music. A Mac triple boot with Windows, OSX and uBuntu would be a killer.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    I think an App similar to WineHQ(app that work as bridge between linux & windows) that works like bridge between OS X & linux distros will change the world.
    So, All Apps from OS X & MS will be working in Linux ..... Dope !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are apps already. Parallels is #1 commercial app on OSX that lets you access windows software and I'm sure there are freeware apps too.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Apple may have pretty good service, But their repairs are almost as costly as buying a new computer.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    The problem with triple boot is that you cannot access all operating systems simultaneously (correct me if I'm wrong). Yet the killer part is that if you can access all of them at the same time--without any problems like slow, crash, etc.

I think Apple designs a good computer. My friends who use Apple products never complain about the hardware. They do complain about the price and the availability of some software, though.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : It's possible to use more than one operating systems at a time - provided they're installed on virtual machines created on the host machine. If the host is capable enough, it's possible to set up even 10 different operating systems and access them simultaneously.

But in typical dual-boot system, you can access the files / folders through one operating system; and there are programs that let you run (execute) files from Windows on Linux and Mac as if they're running on Windows.

I personally love the way Apple's machines are designed. For example - I'm in absolute love with the keyboards that ship with the iMacs. All the keyboards that ship with the PCs invariably suck.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I am not sure if any common host can be considered powerful enough when we are doing big stuff like designing, programming with different OSs. I think only supercomputers can do that.

Some of my friends solve the PC vs. Mac problem by having both desktop PC and a MacBook. They might begin upgrading the PC's specification later on.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why KEY is used in two wheelers? I don't know what is the principle behind that. Also how KEY starts the engine in four wheelers?
PLEASE MENTION THE MINIMUM TORQUE REQUIRED FOR ROTATING A GEAR OF 300 MM MAJOR DIA,8 MM THICK AND 500 GM IN WEIGHT.THE REQUIRED RPM=2. The gear has to be driven...
Dear all, thePetroStreet has released their next software PetroPipe covering the basic piping design. PetroPipe like other software is FREE to use and has the following features: 1. Pipe thickness...
Hello friends i am Kenny from Tamilnadu
According to Chris Guillebeau, the author of the famous book "The $100 startup", it's easier to make money chasing your dream and all it takes is just $100 to start...