L&T Infotech Paragraph Writing Topics

I have been tracking the placement process at L&T Infotech and found that the haven't made any major changes to their company's recruitment process. The usual round include:
  1. Aptitude test
  2. Group discussion (Refer: L&T Infotech GD Topics)
  3. Paragraph writing
  4. Technical Aptitude Test
  5. Technical interview
  6. HR interview
So this discussion is about the third and crucial step in the process - Paragraph Writing.

Purpose of this test:

The exam is conducted to check how proficient you are in written communication in English. Your job in the IT world will demand you to frequently draft emails, important work documents, presentations and other data. So, if you are good at writing in English, meaning that you can express your thoughts clearly, in simply, easy-to-understand language, that's a big bonus for the Employer. So, when you take the paragraph writing test, do understand that the focus is not on how well you know the topic, or how many big words you can use, or how much of a flowery language you can cram up in one paragraph. It is about writing simple sentences that are coherent with each other and make a meaningful passage of thoughts.

Ideal Length of Paragraph:

It is best that you try to present information in a concise, brief manner such that nothing crucial is left out and the reader doesn't have to go through unnecessarily long sentences. The ideal length (this is generally shared with the examinees) is therefore 200-250 words.

Paragraph Writing is *Mostly* NOT an Elimination Round:

In most placement rounds taken by L&T Infotech they have made it very clear that 'Paragraph Writing' section is not an elimination round. So, like aptitude test or GD round, you will not be eliminated from taking the next steps on the basis of your performance on the Paragraph Writing test. However, in case of a tie or if the HR personnel is not convinced about your performance, he or she can eliminate you on the last step.

L&T Infotech Paragraph Writing Topics:
  1. Your understanding about L&T Infotech so far.
  2. If you were the prime minister what will be the three steps you take for developing our nation?
  3. Top 3 social initiatives that can help India take a major step towards becoming a developed country
  4. How can I become a change maker?
  5. India: Vision 2020
  6. 3 things you can do to reduce pollution in your own city.
  7. How do you contribute to your society via your work?
  8. Is technology as destructive as it is constructive?
  9. How can one get rid of mental laziness?
  10. How would you spend a million dollars?
  11. If you could change one thing about yourself...
  12. What super power you choose to have?
I hope this information will help you out. If you have any questions, doubts or suggestions - feel free to post about them in replies below.

Replies

• Kaivalya Tolbande
    Kaivalya Tolbande

How is the psychometric test of L &t infotech?

• Mandilli Nageswara Rao
    Mandilli Nageswara Rao

give some example of that topics

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# The L&T paragraph writing topics are mostly based on current issues and mostly generic GD-like topics.

For example:

1. Any three ideas to make Pune a smart city
    2. Your ideas to create employment for the youth of the country.
    3. How do you contribute to your society?

As you can see they are just generic topics and you will be mostly given a completely new topic. While you can't really prepare 'points' in advance for L&T Paragraph Writing section, you can choose any one of the above topics, set a timer and see if you can come up with a coherent and logical answer in less than 10 minutes. That'll give you the confidence to crack this round.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google’s balloon powered internet service initiative is facing a technical glitch, as the proposed bandwidth of 700-900 MHz is the same as the one used for cellular operations in India....
Hello everyone. I want to pursue LLB in distance mode. Please suggest me what to do and how to do and also from where to do??
Hey Everyone! Hope You guys doing well. I started learning XAML about 2 months ago and I must say It's really Interesting and Addictive (Especially for Me Of course),Also I...
Finally, it’s time for Indian drones to rule the sky. UCAVs (unmanned combat aerial vehicles) generally known as drones are set to get a final nod for their development in...
1. Control Design Guide for Next-Generation Smart Machines 2. The Industrial Internet of Things Next-Gen Smart Machines and the Industrial IoT