- Aptitude test
- Group discussion (Refer: L&T Infotech GD Topics | CrazyEngineers)
- Paragraph writing
- Technical Aptitude Test
- Technical interview
- HR interview
Purpose of this test:
The exam is conducted to check how proficient you are in written communication in English. Your job in the IT world will demand you to frequently draft emails, important work documents, presentations and other data. So, if you are good at writing in English, meaning that you can express your thoughts clearly, in simply, easy-to-understand language, that's a big bonus for the Employer. So, when you take the paragraph writing test, do understand that the focus is not on how well you know the topic, or how many big words you can use, or how much of a flowery language you can cram up in one paragraph. It is about writing simple sentences that are coherent with each other and make a meaningful passage of thoughts.
Ideal Length of Paragraph:
It is best that you try to present information in a concise, brief manner such that nothing crucial is left out and the reader doesn't have to go through unnecessarily long sentences. The ideal length (this is generally shared with the examinees) is therefore 200-250 words.
Paragraph Writing is *Mostly* NOT an Elimination Round:
In most placement rounds taken by L&T Infotech they have made it very clear that 'Paragraph Writing' section is not an elimination round. So, like aptitude test or GD round, you will not be eliminated from taking the next steps on the basis of your performance on the Paragraph Writing test. However, in case of a tie or if the HR personnel is not convinced about your performance, he or she can eliminate you on the last step.
L&T Infotech Paragraph Writing Topics:
- Your understanding about L&T Infotech so far.
- If you were the prime minister what will be the three steps you take for developing our nation?
- Top 3 social initiatives that can help India take a major step towards becoming a developed country
- How can I become a change maker?
- India: Vision 2020
- 3 things you can do to reduce pollution in your own city.
- How do you contribute to your society via your work?
- Is technology as destructive as it is constructive?
- How can one get rid of mental laziness?
- How would you spend a million dollars?
- If you could change one thing about yourself...
- What super power you choose to have?
How is the psychometric test of L &t infotech?
give some example of that topics
@Mandilli Nageswara Rao The L&T paragraph writing topics are mostly based on current issues and mostly generic GD-like topics.
- Any three ideas to make Pune a smart city
- Your ideas to create employment for the youth of the country.
- How do you contribute to your society?
As you can see they are just generic topics and you will be mostly given a completely new topic. While you can't really prepare 'points' in advance for L&T Paragraph Writing section, you can choose any one of the above topics, set a timer and see if you can come up with a coherent and logical answer in less than 10 minutes. That'll give you the confidence to crack this round.
This is very easy to go with my friend Ankita.
Paragraph writing is really easy but if and only if you have good enough knowledge about the topic, that's why reading habit is must along with power of imagination. Often people think that paragraph writing would be the best if we fill pages like we students yet times do in our examination to fill our papers and show that, "Oh my God", student knows so much. It's funny.
Let's understand paragraph writing in a simple way as follows.
1. When topics are given and options are available, go for the topic you are very much aware about or else the best way is to go for the easy one, even if majority candidate opt for the same.
2. Think for few minutes or seconds as per time available on the topic and think systematically in an order to write and express your thoughts. Most important is that the reader should be able to think what you are trying to convey.
3.Please, most important use simple English unless required you are sure. Do not think higher the English, will show your paragraph awesome. The key word id "keep it simple my friend".
4.Think and divide your paragraph writing according
->Explain the topic with meaning
->Body- Writ about main content which includes stories, situation, imaginations,case laws etc,in short go into the topic as deep and as detailed as possible.
-> Connect yourself with the topic, if you have experienced it or your imaginary story if and only if your imagination is rational which means sound and reasonable imagination and most important avoid fairy tales unless used as a moral or explanation.
->Conclude with an opinion or present state of the topic and future outcome.
The key word is "Let it be decent,knowledge full and short.
Paragraph writing is about expressing like the one above which is so easy and self explainable.
@Ambarish Ganesh · Jul 18, 2013
@Ankita Katdare · Jan 24, 2015