Lower and Upper bounds of a diode?

Hello, I just need some help with a question. It is as follows.

By Kirchoff’s Law:
E = VR + vd
E = I×R + vd
The voltage across the diode, vd, depends on the current through the diode, I, and is
non-linear. The current, I, through the diode is related to the diode voltage drop, vd,
by:
where: Is -The amount of reverse bias current. For silicon this is typically: Is = 1 nA.
k - Boltzman’s constant, k = 1.38047 × 10-23 J/K.
T - Absolute temperature of the diode, (assume room temperature T = 300 K).
Q - Electronic charge, Q = 1.60203 × 10-19 C.
Substituting the value for current, I, into the above Kirchoff’s equation gives:
Determine the lower and upper bounds for the Diode Voltage, vd, and state the reasons
for these bounds. Then solve for the diode voltage, vd.

Any one out there explains this to me. I got an answer but Im assuming it is incorrect until proven right. Thnx

Replies

• Morgs
    Morgs
    Any ideas?
  • Morgs
    Morgs
    Sorry missing a few things in the original post. Here is the question again.

[​IMG]
  • abhinav.gamer
    abhinav.gamer
    what is the voltage across diode(Si) when it is in conducting and non conducting states? and why?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CISCO have come up with this idea. let them know your expertise in network security by writing stirps of comix to enter: Cisco Security - The Realm
HI there, I am a final year electronics student. I am studying part time and working full time so my time is very precious. I'm looking for ideas for a...
Experience : 5-10 yrs Company name : Infokall Enterprises Solutions Pvt Ltd Location : Gurgaon, Kolkata Education : MCA, B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech/MS Industry Type : IT/Software Skills : SAP,SAP HR To...
Hi fellow crazy engineers! First time poster here so be gentle 😀 For a project at University I have been tasked with creating a device that generates a straight line,...
Hi ceans, I was having two o.s installed windows 7 & windows xp sp3 at that time i was getting o.s selection menu at start time. But now i have...