Low Disk Space Problem

In my Laptop , its showing a warning of "Low disk space on C Drive.Its running out of space." and its showing 157MB of free space in C Drive. I hav deleted so many softwares n programs from C bt still it is showing only 157 MB.pls help me out of this๐Ÿ˜”

Replies

• Abhineet_basan
    Abhineet_basan
    hey try cleaning ur C drive. Delete files in C\users\AppData\local folder...these are the temporary files which get accumulated after some time...this problem is more predominant in Vista...hope it works...๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    yep, defrag your drive, the delete or compress what you can to increase space. otherwise a hard drive upgrade is in order. I use an external hard drive for that reason to store music, photos & movies on to keep my laptop running good.
  • Seanv
    Seanv
    If you still have the same problem, run Scan Disk by right clicking on the C drive Icon --> Properties --> Tools ---> Check now button... And if you want to see how much space certain files take up, right click on them and click on properties.. deleting that file would free that much space... I do not advice deleting files in C however, if you do not need a program, go to control pannel --> Add remove programs and remove the programs from there... Hope this helps.
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    A few EASIEST and safest things you can do to get your pc back to life.

1. Download a freeware (Certified ***** rating by CNET: Product reviews, advice, how-tos and the latest news) called as CCLEANER. I am using this software since last 1 yr. Since than all space problems, all garbage junk files and other related issues got resolved. My pc runs as fast as was new and never shows space issues.

Just give it a try and let me know. I am damn sure this will resolve the purpose.

2. Next you need a software called as 'auslogics disk defrag'... This is by far the fastest and cleanest disk degragmenter. Use this software and after using these two softwares your space related issues for your pc(Assuming windows based pc) will get resolved.

3. After doing the above 2 points. Next install Norton or any gud antivirus. RUN it full.

4. If you are a frequent internet user than Probably your machine got hit by a Trojan horse (Kinda virus) , so install PC TOOLS firewall (Freeware and is excellent tool).

For further related information or on any other technical issues, or info you can frequently visit my blog.

YourTechMate.blogspot.com
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    as Gohm mentioned
    defragmentation should help

as well do an auto archieve . it releases a good amount of memory as well ๐Ÿ˜€

i doubt can it be because of any malware or virus??
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    yeah, viruses and worms can be a big culprit, causing perpetual low disk space. Give the computer a good thorough scan ๐Ÿ˜€
  • yousufrafi
    yousufrafi
    well you have to do 2 things for that 1st of all defrag your C drive and 2ndly there is a program called SpeedUpMYPC, when you delete/uninstall a software from your PC it's not completely deleted, this little software will make sure that the software is completely deleted my cleaning the extra files, so run the scan and your C drive will be free again
  • engg4world
    engg4world
    hi friends i had the same problem, i will also try the above techniques and will update , CE is rocking .๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Was your problem resolved after defragmentation / cleaning your temp files. Are you using Vista or XP or any otehr OS?
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    OR u can just use the windows disk cleanup utility. simple
  • hero back
    hero back
    there is only 175M, you cannot do defragment, you should run Clean Up (right click the partition and click properties), but this cannot solve the problem completely. You'd better use some program to resize the partition and make it bigger. You may try the #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've a strong urge to remove the 'free partitioning software' link from above post.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Yeah
    CCleaner is Good get it from here
    Download

Auslogics from here
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Use Nod32 antivirus it's good mate...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After 26/11, And all dirty politics games..What all of you think?? Should we give vote to Illiterate MLA or Educated MLA is must..๐Ÿ˜• . On one hand, we have Narendra...
[FONT="]โ€œAny sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic![/FONT][FONT="]โ€- Arthur C. Clarke (Science fiction writer)[/FONT] [FONT="]This spring, we offer to take you on a magical rideโ€ฆ You perform, you applaud. You...
Hey i am doing am E&C engineering 8th sem...help me out with seminar topics????๐Ÿ˜•
hi!! everyone please help i m new working with asp.net but problem is that when i choose the new project in asp.net the error gives web server may not be...
First of all I'm a newby to CE!And am a crazy electrical and electronics engineer! It was accidental.I had the tv remote in my hand and my mobile in the...