Lost In Wipro Written Test

I attended wipro drive. I did hard work for it but failed. Everyone was saying that wipro test is very easy but it was tough ๐Ÿ˜”

Verbal section :-

All new words were there of GRE level. 3 synonyms, 2 idioms, 5 errors (2 easy & 3 tough), 3 jumble sentences, 3 one word substitution etc... No paragraph, no fillers, no indirect speech, no active voice sentences.

Quant Part :-
2 probability, 1 puzzle with 15 conditions & 1 ques only ( can you imagine ), 2 number series, etc.. No boat, no train, no work, no si & ci, no blood relations, no DI ๐Ÿ˜”

Tech part :-

Earlier everyone was saying that tech part is easy which includes c,cpp, ds, unix basics questions but nothing was there. Ques were :- COBRA stands for, UNL Stands for..
I never heard such words then how i can answer them ๐Ÿ˜”

350-450 students were there & took only 50-60 students for next round and those got shortlisted for next round where there of their luck nothing else.

Hate Wipro.. It sucks :-/

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh! Even my friend told me the same. She took the test day before yesterday. Among 600 candidates, they shortlisted only 20 in the written test and the test seems to be very tough.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    Tech part :-

Earlier everyone was saying that tech part is easy which includes c,cpp, ds, unix basics questions but nothing was there. Ques were :- COBRA stands for, UNL Stands for..
    I never heard such words then how i can answer them ๐Ÿ˜”
    Is this not taught as a part of curriculum? It's always advisable to go beyond text books, and learn stuff out of interest.

Don't worry! Wipro's not the end of the word. You'll soon find a job of your dreams!
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    @sada :- Yeah that's right. It was an off campus all over india.

@the_Big-k :- Yes i know that buddy. but the selection was on the basis on luck. One of the selected students was there in jeans :-?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    @sada :- Yeah that's right. It was an off campus all over india.

@the_Big-k :- Yes i know that buddy. but the selection was on the basis on luck. One of the selected students was there in jeans :-?
    Jeans? So? ๐Ÿ˜จ How does that matter?

I never wore formals in any of the Interviews. No one cared, actually. I don't think those who got selected were lucky. Maybe the just had some extra knowledge?

I've been a part of so many recruitment drives and can tell you for sure that candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in tests & interviews. If the candidates are picked up on the basis of their looks & luck; the hiring company would be in trouble in almost no time.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    No i asked that guy personally about his paper. He told me he marked all the answers by guess. He was lucky.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Jeans or no Jeans (I mean wearing formals) doesnt matter as far as campus aptitude goes. Few of the interviewers dont even bother dress-code while interviewing. They hardly care for technical knowledge. As far as I know they give a damn importance to the attitude and the way of speaking. Most of them look forward to a humble and modest quality for they and I too believe that rest can be taught very easily. โ€‹
    Modesty and humility either is developed from childhood or its learnt via hard way as we grow up.โ€‹

โ€‹
    When in company, its different one must follow dress code if any, shave and be presentable.โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    No i asked that guy personally about his paper. He told me he marked all the answers by guess. He was lucky.
    Don't worry, start preparing for the next company. Let's say if we announce that we're (CE) recruiting CS engineers to work on our upcoming projects; then you should be prepared. You can trust that the engineers we'll recruit will be the 'best' engineers out there! Are you one of them?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    In My point of view : Jeans or no jeans, good luck or bad luck, these things does not matter at all. The thing that matters is attitude, only attitude. You just need to answer all the questions with confidence, if you feel tense... then you lost.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    correct. tension will reduce the confidence level and if they know you are tensed then they will only try to make you more confused, making your mind blank
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks guys. I will do more hard work & give the best shot in next drive ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope for the best.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    Thanks guys. I will do more hard work & give the best shot in next drive ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope for the best.
    Good! Keep reading all the interview related threads in this section and I'm sure you'll learn a lot. If you ever get any question - feel free to ask it here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A very famous file sharing website Megaupload is closed by FBI with notice. www.megaupload.com seems now it's time for some other file sharing site like rapidshare and many more.
See this. What do you think? Does facebook really ends on March 15th, 2012?
Most people call me Madhav. I became an Electrical & Electronics Engineer at some point. Then I became a hardware design engineer at *BEEP*. For the last two years, I...
can anyone help me out to know about the advanced facts devices
Samsung Galaxy S Advance is the latest addition to the super popular Galaxy series phones by the Korean smartphone maker. The phone will be released gradually in CIS, Europe, Africa,...