Loreal For Women In Science (Awarded) - USA

On September 15, 2011, 5 of America's most promising post-doctoral female scientists received the L'Oréal USA Fellowships For Women In Science Award.

This national awards program was created in 2003 to support the advancement of women in science and rewards the most promising post-doctoral female scientists from across the country.

This year's awards presentation ceremony was held at the Kennedy Caucus Room in Washington, D.C.

The program featured speeches from key congressional supporters of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). These include, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX), Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) and Congressman Rush Holt (D-NJ).

Check out the video:

[video=vimeo;29104580]https://vimeo.com/29104580[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia 600 has 60 hours of music playback time, an incredibly powerful external loudpeaker, and the ability to also stream music wirelessly to NFC-enabled accessories. Check out the promotional video:...
Close Up Wildlife Photography Without Hi-Tech Equipment.
Hello, I am in a bit of sticky situation and would welcome all ideas in this regard. My client has this problem where people are, literally, frying the energy meters...
Very simple question. And answer is: "Use WiFi Modem" But, situation is different here. I have connection at my place, I have WiFi enabled modem with me, which works for...
Friends, here are some excellent voiCE posts that you should not miss reading 😀 Google.Com/Wallet/ Rolled Out – Are Consumers Ready For It? - CrazyEngineers MIT scientists Develop way To...