Looking to Switch From Asp.Net to Angular/Hadoop

Hi,

I have total experience in #-Link-Snipped-# i.e. 10 years. I am trying to learn angular now these days. I want to ask that how much years i can survive in market upon that. If i move to Hadoob or Clouding etc. then will it be beneficial for me and will i be able to survive more than 10-15 Years in market.  I am so confused to choose technology. Please guide.

Thanks 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# . Frankly speaking, it's impossible to predict how long will any technology live. Angular is quite popular and is being backed by the likes of Google; so it's not going anywhere for the next 5 years for sure. 

I've found that once you are familiar with any framework; it's relatively easier to pick up new frameworks; because all new frameworks will 'steal' concepts from existing frameworks and add their own sugar. Vue JS for example takes all the best parts from existing frameworks and is becoming super popular among the Javascript folks all over the world.

Instead of picking up the domain according to anyone's perception about its life-cycle, I'd rather recommend you to choose the domain / technology that you find more exciting than anything else. You'll learn it quickly and enjoy working. 

Big Data and all related technologies are going to be the future for the next 10 years and so is AI, Machine Learning etc. Start exploring these technologies in your part time and you'll get a feel of what's involved. Keep an eye on the jobs and see if you can find a good match. Getting a certification in the relevant technology or domain is also highly recommended. 

We live in a world that changes daily and the concept of 'long-term' is dying. We just have to keep adapting and learning new technologies as they hit markets. That's the only way to survive in the IT domain. 

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# for their inputs.  

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

If you know asp.net you know programming that means you can learn Scala. As #-Link-Snipped-# mentioned nothing is fixed but if you learn Hadoop and Scala there is a bright future too. If you can code you have future simple irrespective of the language. Coding is doing.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Has your question been answered? It'd be nice if you could acknowledge the help offered. If you have further questions, please ask them below. 

• Kapil Arora
    Kapil Arora

Thank you so much all for your great suggestions. Will work for me.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Good to know that. We hope to see you around. A good start would be to update your profile and photo. Lot of interesting things coming up on CE. ? 

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

Big Data has great potential. Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Neo4j, and all such technologies are rapidly becoming popular. I suggest that you should aim at developing a full-stack developer skillset. My office is actively looking for full stack developers with RoR and Angular skills. 

• Amar Oke
    Amar Oke

Google Cloud Certification can help. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey while searching a lot i found that it will take about 25-30 minute for system restoration .Can anyone have any idea on this or Let me thought with proper...
I am a Computer Science undergraduate and pursuing masters in bioinformatics so what topic can i choose for my major project in bioinformatics??
This should be so simple, but I can't find it. Just asking if there's any way to change the default font in Slack? I searched the web client as well...
If someone has pursued M-TECH degree what are now job opportunities???
I want some totally new ideas of creating a desktop which I can try to implement . I have to work on this project . Please suggest creative ideas.