Looking for someone to interview about Computer Engineering

Hello, I am currently writing a report about future careers I would be interested in. For my report I chose to do Computer Engineering and I am require to find someone who works in the field that I can interview with a few question. If you would be interested please leave a reply or contact me at #-Link-Snipped-# and I can give you the list my questions.

Thank you for assisting me!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jared Bowling
    Hello, I am currently writing a report about future careers I would be interested in. For my report I chose to do Computer Engineering and I am require to find someone who works in the field that I can interview with a few question. If you would be interested please leave a reply or contact me at #-Link-Snipped-# and I can give you the list my questions.

Thank you for assisting me!
    I do work in the field of computers. You may ask your questions to me. I'd be nice if you could ask your questions here so that larger community benefits from our questions and answers.
  • Jared Bowling
    Jared Bowling
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I do work in the field of computers. You may ask your questions to me. I'd be nice if you could ask your questions here so that larger community benefits from our questions and answers.
    Thanks you. Sorry it has taken to long for me to reply.

Here is my list of questions:

1. What are some typical task for jobs of this type?
    2. What skill would you say are most important in this career?
    3. When did you decide to become an engineer?
    4. What was your first experience with engineering?
    5. What are your favorite parts about this career?
    6. Are there any things you dislike about your career?
    7. What are the minimum requirements for people looking into a career in this field? What stuff would you recommend to supplement these requirements?
    8. If you had the chance to start all over, would you still choose this choose this career? What other possibles careers would you choose?
    9. What is an approximate pay range for a entry-level position in this field?
    10. Is there any advice you would give to young people looking to get into this field?
    I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions for me! Would you by chance be able to post a picture of yourself while doing some of your daily tasks at work? A picture of the person I am interviewing would be really helpful.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jared Bowling
    What are some typical task for jobs of this type?
    My job as a computer engineer involves server administration, programming and testing. It's my duty to keep CrazyEngineers.com running all the time, install important software and software patches, ensuring that the site loading speed is optimum and making sure that everything is performing as intended. I'm also responsible for developing and testing some of the small features of this site and testing them thoroughly before the changes are rolled out to the live site.

Jared Bowling
    What skill would you say are most important in this career?
    I can't pick just one skill. You've to be well versed with the technology. You also need to be very patient and a self-learner. You also need to love to job so that you can handle the newer challenges that the job throws at you.

Jared Bowling
    When did you decide to become an engineer?
    I grew up watching my father do magical stuff. He's an engineer and he'd fix everything: from bike, refrigerator, TV, washing machine, car and any machine around. I decided to become an engineer very early in my life.

Jared Bowling
    • What was your first experience with engineering?
    I've been exposed to engineering since my childhood. But the real hands-on experience was when I got a chance to build a transformer. It's lot of fun and excitement when you see the machine you built performing the job the way it should.

Jared Bowling
    • What are your favorite parts about this career?
    I absolutely love what I do and I think that's the best part of it. There are infinite things to learn and the pace at which the world of engineering is advancing; all the engineers will always remain excited about what's coming next.

Jared Bowling
    • Are there any things you dislike about your career?
    Frankly speaking, there is nothing I don't like about my career. It's the career I chose for myself and I'm very happy about my choice.

Jared Bowling
    • What are the minimum requirements for people looking into a career in this field? What stuff would you recommend to supplement these requirements?
    An engineering degree would definitely help. Plus learning to do the things on your own, especially the ones that are not a part of your curriculum would definitely be a big plus. For example, if you are learning to become a computer engineer, you should start exploring various programming and scripting languages, software tools, IDEs, read about networking, security etc.

Jared Bowling
    • If you had the chance to start all over, would you still choose this choose this career? What other possibles careers would you choose?
    Yes. I'd still choose this career. It's the career path that I always wanted for myself. If I must choose other career, I'd be a musician or singer.

Jared Bowling
    • What is an approximate pay range for a entry-level position in this field?
    The approximate pay depends on several factors - country, hiring company, job profile are some of the contributors that decide how much you make at an entry level job. A software engineer in the US would typically earn anywhere between $60K - $85K per annum.

Jared Bowling
    1. Is there any advice you would give to young people looking to get into this field?
    Sure. Choose this field only if you are really interested in making a career in it. Don't just jump in for the sake of money or lifestyle it comes with.

PS: Grab this photo here but do mention 'CrazyEngineers.com' in the credits: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jared Bowling
    Jared Bowling
    Sorry I haven't responded at all. My schedule has been crazy the last week. I just wanted to say thank you for letting me ask you those questions! The report I used these questions in is going along very well and your help was greatly appreciated!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mitashi has introduced a new 50 inch smart TV to the Indian market. This new product from the Mumbai-based company will be the second smart TV after its 40-inch LED...
The Communications and IT minister of the Government of India, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that there's no plan to have Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and other services run from...
I'm looking to know if we can check which camera sensor is present in your smartphone? Are there any codes I can type in to know the exact information or...
guys i would like to know the exact step by step procedure for calculating quantities for cement,sand and coarse aggregate for a 10 sft room
is there any recommendation for maximum distance betweem piles?