Looking For Some Tough Logic Puzzles

We haven't had really challenging logic based puzzles on CE. If someone can post a puzzle, I'd like to give it a try. Come on, bring it on! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• K Vikrant
    K Vikrant
    I don't know if these are discussed on this forum as I am new here.
    But the riddles on Berkeley website are supposed to be the standard for most job interviews.
    Here are the links :-
    1) medium - [ wu :: riddles(medium) ]
    2) hard - [ wu :: riddles(hard) ]

Solutions aren't given on that website but on a separate forum by that site's owner, so it is good in a way.
    CE Forum members could discuss the interesting ones here in this thread (in case such an exercise hasn't already been done here. That site is very popular so many CE members may be already aware of it)

Here is a funny one from the 'medium' page:-
    "Why do computer programmers always get Christmas and Halloween mixed up? "
  • pratik bhavsar
    pratik bhavsar
    good one mate also tell if there are other sites likes this
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    K Vikrant
    But the riddles on Berkeley website are supposed to be the standard for most job interviews.

Solutions aren't given on that website but on a separate forum by that site's owner, so it is good in a way.
    CE Forum members could discuss the interesting ones here in this thread (in case such an exercise hasn't already been done here. That site is very popular so many CE members may be already aware of it)

Here is a funny one from the 'medium' page:-
    "Why do computer programmers always get Christmas and Halloween mixed up? "
    Awesome ones... Still am trying to find the answer for the 1000 beers... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    K Vikrant
    Cool ones.
    Praveen-Kumar
    Awesome ones... Still am trying to find the answer for the 1000 beers... ๐Ÿ˜›
    I had solved this before , came across it somewhere else.

It is the first one right ?
    An evil king has 1000 bottles of wine. A neighboring queen plots to kill the bad king, and sends a servant to poison the wine. The king's guards catch the servant after he has only poisoned one bottle. The guards don't know which bottle was poisoned, but they do know that the poison is so potent that even if it was diluted 1,000,000 times, it would still be fatal. Furthermore, the effects of the poison take one month to surface. The king decides he will get some of his prisoners in his vast dungeons to drink the wine. Rather than using 1000 prisoners each assigned to a particular bottle, this king knows that he needs to murder no more than 10 prisoners to figure out what bottle is poisoned, and will still be able to drink the rest of the wine in 5 weeks time. How does he pull this off?
    Well , I can give one subtle hint here , he uses 10 prisoners to save himself. The puzzle has given 1000 different bottles. But 10 prisoners can be used to judge 1024 wines (and not just 1000). Maybe this hint should help.
    Well , I can give one subtle hint here , he uses 10 prisoners to save himself. The puzzle has given 1000 different bottles. But 10 prisoners can be used to judge 1024 wines (and not just 1000). Maybe this hint should help.
    Wait... I get you but don't get you... ๐Ÿ˜”
    Praveen-Kumar
    Wait... I get you but don't get you... ๐Ÿ˜”
    Okay here is another hint - think binary.
    Okay here is another hint - think binary.
    I understood, what you said is something to do with binary, the moment you said 1024 instead of 1000. But still... ๐Ÿ˜” Let me think... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Praveen-Kumar
    I understood, what you said is something to do with binary, the moment you said 1024 instead of 1000. But still... ๐Ÿ˜” Let me think... ๐Ÿ˜€
    I am sure you will solve it now. Just have a clear mind and focus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of us may have an habit of listening to favorite music while doing some work. I saw these kind of thread in so many websites. So why can't we...
MIT scientists at CSAIL have devised new algorithms to send big video files wirelessly through your Smartphone- Here is the breakthrough Fourier Transforms Set To Become Faster @ SODA
Following are the salient points of the minimum hardware requirements for a Windows 8 operating system based tablet. I'm curious to know your take on it. ARM based tablets won't...
Google+ may attract frowny eyes for their 'must have real names' policy. But the Government of China has gone a step ahead and made it mandatory for all the microbloggers...
Name: K Vikrant *Engineering Trade: Electronics and Telecommunication Location: Mumbai *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: reading , cricket , table tennis , jogging *Aim in life: to work in areas...