Logitech Launches World’s First 4K Ultra HD Webcam

Logitech has earned a lot of accolades from live streaming YouTubers for its reliable and powerful C920 webcam. This time it has taken the next big step in webcam market by launching the first 4K capable webcam that supports Ultra HD resolution videos with HDR. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is capable of delivering the highest quality of video for your desktop. Apart from capturing videos in stunning 4K Ultra HD at 30fps, it can also capture videos at 1080p at 30 or 60 frames per second. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro has 5x zoom which can be helpful to take a closer look. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro comes with RightLight 3. RightLight 3 along with HDR ensures that whatever your lighting conditions high-contrast or backlit or even low light you get equal performance from the camera.

Logitech BRIO 4K Pro  (1)
Logitech BRIO 4K Pro  (3) Logitech BRIO 4K Pro  (4) Logitech BRIO 4K Pro  (2)

The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro also allows you to select the field of view between 65, 78 and 90 degrees so that you can eliminate background visuals and focus on yourself during a video stream or chat. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is also the first webcam to feature infrared facial recognition that works in association with Windows Hello on Windows 10 to act as login credential for your computer. This is more reliable than a password. All you have to do is look into the Logitech BRIO 4K Pro’s lens and you are logged in to your Windows 10 computer. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro has built-in dual omni-directional microphones with noise cancellation. You can also change the background by using the home grown background replacement technology powered by Personify. To stop prying eyes from looking in you can use the external privacy shutter to shield the lens. The Logitech BRIO 4K Pro supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB Type C connectivity.

The only problem we see with the Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is that you need an immensely powerful internet connection to stream your content in 4K. While YouTube does support 4K, no video chat application (available to the public) supports 4K which means the Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is pretty much useless when it comes to video chat. Finally the Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is meant for the well-heeled geek as it costs $199 or 13,371 INR.

Source: Logitech Introduces Its Best Webcam Ever | Business Wire

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The only problem we see with the Logitech BRIO 4K Pro is that you need an immensely powerful internet connection to stream your content in 4K.
    I think without ultra-high speed broadband, the 4K glory would mostly be useless. But by the time we get that, the world will be talking 8K.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! I am Dipankar Ganguly, pursuing B. Tech in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from Techno India Salt Lake, Kolkata, India. I was encouraged by my classmates Debasmita & Amit...
I am a final year student and currently I have this idea of a machine that sorts different types of plastics depending on their grades. I was recently reading about...
Hello everyone. Myself Anup Singh and I am just a semester away from having a degree in Mechanical engineering. A person of various interests defines me well and automotive dynamics...
If the rumour mill leaks online working overtime, are to be believed Lenovo’s new offering Moto G5 Plus is on the anvil to be launched late February at MWC 2017...
The wait is over. It is time for Google's Android Wear, its software for powering wearable devices, to get a reboot after being on the market for more than two...