Logical puzzle - The question about the answer

Hey,
I think at least some of you guys might have come across this particular logical puzzle, called the Blue eyes puzzle.
The question of the puzzle is available here: #-Link-Snipped-#
And, after messing your brains up on the solution, you can see the answer here: Blue Eyes - The Hardest Logic Puzzle in the World - Solution

Even after getting the solution, this puzzle gives me more stuff to think upon. Go through the solution page and see the one contradicting question asked there :
What is the quantified piece of information that the Guru provides that each person did not already have?

Now this is the question I too have about the answer. It seems a bit confusing. Any thoughts, guys?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even before I read the answer, I'd like to give it a try. Sunday should be the best time to do it. Will end up eating hours, I know.

But good that you're going deeper in the puzzle.
  • eelectrichuman
    eelectrichuman
    i still cant get it .if a person sees another person who is blue eyed and if he does not leave he may think that he has not left the next day because he did not realise it.he cannot think the the first hypothesis to be wrong.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @Big K
    Oh nice that u'r taking ur effort to decode it. But let me warn u, the solution is pretty hard!

@eelectrichuman
    In ur doubt, think why didn't he realize it.
    If person A had red eye and person B see it, he would realize his eye colour immediately(ie, blue).
    But person B still doesn't realize it and leave, only means that person A is also having blue eye, which made B unsure whether he is having blue eye. See this scenario in the viewpoint of A.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • HirenBarbhaya
    HirenBarbhaya
    if I can expand solution by one level only... let's c there are only 3 blue-eyes people.. on first day, all of them would see other 2 as blue-eye and they would think that other leave but if no-one from those 2 blue-eye leaves on first day... they would think that they both (which one can see) would leave tonight and if they both did not leave that night.. then on third day they all realize that they are having Blue-eyes and leave...

So Logically it is right...

I don't think they would require any other information from GURU...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I need to use ATmega406 for my smart battery application. AVR DRAGON will support ATmega406 only in JTAG programming and debugging. Can any one please help me? I can't...
Check out this - YouTube - Disappearing Car Door! [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtkoje4-eM[/video]
Hi, I read this point in the net - "Limit the time at which the battery stays at 100%. Prolonged high voltage promotes corrosion, especially at elevated temperatures" source-https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries How...
I want to start a blog, but I m in dilema to choose my blog url. Friends , Suggest me the blog title, ie url, My blog is going to...
i am in the navy and after i get out i am thinking about getting a degree in Mechanical engineering.what i want to know is how hard it is to...