Locomotive Engine Efficiency: Engineers @ GE Global Research

Railroads are the best and most fuel efficient way to transport goods over land and the engineers at GE Global Research are using cutting edge science to improve the efficiency of locomotive engines. With the GE Evolution® Series Locomotive, great minds are working to test out new ideas, one cylinder at a time, to make the best even better.

@ Mechanical Engineers : What do you think about their work ?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No replies here?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    This all seems similar to the "morse test" that is carried out on engines.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Joshua Topolsky interviews Ford CEO Alan Mulally where they talk about Alan Mulally's time at Boeing, new alternative energy sources, and how space exploration inspired Mulally to become an engineer....
Hi Dears, Good Day I have a doubt in basic electrical/electronics engineering. My Question is Does the current depends upon the load resistance ? For example I am going to...
The concept of developing a hybrid electric aircraft, is it a feasible option? We can see that there are obvious drawbacks in carrying heavy batteries as a power source on...
Classical guitar is very difficult to play but watching these North Korean kids play it so well makes me want to go back to practicing. Just watch the video!
my self dilkhush kumar.....m from bihar n persuing my B.tech from WBUT kolkatta... my branch is ece(6th sem)............i joined ce to share my knowledge n to get some ideas from...