Locking of threads for visitors

Hey all,

this might sound a bit stupid, but I've noticed that when I visit the site as a visitor, I can see and access all parts of the forum including the respective branch topics and threads.

Do you think it might be a good idea to actually lock those particular threads to visitor and make them visible only once they join the site?

*aimless pondering*

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The Project Ideas and Seminar topics used to be closed to members only. Though, I believe biggie decide to open all sections so that it can attract more traffic and interests ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    we can modify one thing that guest can only view th post but they cant access the links given in the Reply so by this way we get more members..

just and idea
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, we had closed our project ideas section for guest viewing thinking we'll convert the free lunch seekers into members.

We did start getting lots of registrations but all useless ( ๐Ÿ˜› ). The forum is now open to everyone for viewing. Only those who want to participate in discussions need to register on CE.

We'll continue to allow everyone to see all the threads.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Yes, we had closed our project ideas section for guest viewing thinking we'll convert the free lunch seekers into members.

We did start getting lots of registrations but all useless ( ๐Ÿ˜› ). The forum is now open to everyone for viewing. Only those who want to participate in discussions need to register on CE.

We'll continue to allow everyone to see all the threads.
    Once i had replied here that mostly people Come here for Their Projects..
    P.S: even this things Brought me Here ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Differential
    Differential
    Not all internet users are open towards becoming members of forums. Restricting pages only to members may reduce hit count. And IMHO, the idea of increasing popularity is give it "FREE" initially.

What do you say?

--Diff
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    Can anyone tell me here why I see everytime one hour time difference when I open this site as a visitor and as a member ? Anyone also get same time difference?
  • smita89
    smita89
    godfather
    Once i had replied here that mostly people Come here for Their Projects..
    P.S: even this things Brought me Here ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
    yeah me too ๐Ÿ˜

Well, I think a lot of thought has already been put behind this already! Biggie, you can lock this thread!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can I? Of course I can :twisted:

J/K.

Let this be open for discussion.
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    The_Big_K
    J/K.
    Can anyone tell me what is this J/K ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Juice over Kelloggs. I know, Biggie is weird.

Just j/k.

๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We need not block anything for users , since when i search for something in net i have found many forums which asked to join to view the required result i never joined and even if i join there i just take the solution and dont spend much time which is useless.
    Instead if we show the information , if they like it then they will join.
  • smita89
    smita89
    hmm.. nice thinking ES

@biggie: JUICE over kellogs?? eww gross!! ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello I want to do something similar to a missing-pulse-detector, but I want it to detect also steady signals so I basically want to output high when the input is...
CEans, The planning for next CE Meet is already on. Since we are planning 'something new' for our CE Meet, the destination we have chosen for CE Meet is Pune,...
can anyone suggest good handbook for ECE ME TANCET to buy from market?also give author name,publications name.iam from india.
hi iam doing my final year BE.can i have some ideas about projcts related to power electronics. mainly about inverters and cycloconverters.
Hi all, Here is a series , find the next numbers and this series corresponds to some type of numbers , whats is it ? So you to find the...