load factor v/s diversity factor

Please tell me what is Plant load factor and diversity factor?

Replies

• khaled hamza
    khaled hamza

Utilization Factor
    In normal operating conditions the power consumption of a load is sometimes less than that indicated as its nominal power rating, a fairly common occurrence that justifies the application of an utilization factor (ku) in the estimation of realistic values.
    This factor must be applied to each individual load, with particular attention to electric motors, which are very rarely operated at full load. In an industrial installation this factor may be estimated on an average at 0.75 for motors.
    For incandescent-lighting loads, the factor always equals 1.
    For socket-outlet circuits, the factors depend entirely on the type of appliances being supplied from the sockets concerned.

Diversity Factor
    It is a matter of common experience that the simultaneous operation of all installed loads of a given installation never occurs in practice, i.e. there is always some degree of diversity and this fact is taken into account for estimating purposes by the use of a simultaneity factor (ks).
    The factor ks is applied to each group of loads (e.g. being supplied from a distribution or sub-distribution board). The determination of these factors is the
    responsibility of the designer, since it requires a detailed knowledge of the installation and the conditions in which the individual circuits are to be exploited. For this reason, it is not possible to give precise values for general application.
  • Arp
    Arp
    load factor is average load on a power plant divided by max demand
  • Arp
    Arp
    diversity factor is ratio of sum of individuals max demand to gen statin max demand

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Robotic Events: Lock and Load: The event involves the making of two robots that lock into each other and function as a unit. The duo must perform a task while...
On behalf of the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University as the host of this festival, it gives us great pleasure to introduce to you Technex, our Annual Technical Festival...
CNET editors' reveal their predictions on what we'll see at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It's called the 'Annual Gadget Superbowl'. Check this video: [video=youtube;6UFUwUMqTBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UFUwUMqTBA[/video]
The Kinect allows tracking of users without additional markers. We develop a magic mirror that generated an overlay of a video image with volume visualization from a CT volume. Such...
I am stuck in computer memory again:sshhh:, I don't know why this topic keeps bothering me!😒 Ok,so coming to the doubt- When we switch on the computer,the OS gets loaded...